Project Manager Epic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Project Manager \- Epic Department:
ITS \- Business Operations - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
Project Manager \- Epic
* Position Summary:
* Responsible for planning, managing day\-to\-day activities across multiple work streams, and managing dependencies \(or 'collisions'\) across the work streams\. Manage and help resolve teams' identified issues, mitigate project risks, and monitor and report on project status\. Provide timely alerts about 'endangered' milestones and deliverables\. Report to the Project Director\. The candidate will fill one or more of the following Epic modules/teams:
Ambulatory \(clinic\) Health Information Management Network & Devices Reporting & Business Intelligence Beacon \(oncology\) ADT \(admission, discharge, transfer\) Willow \(pharmacy\) Cadence/Prelude \(scheduling\) Data Conversion & Cutover Integration & Security Beaker \(lab\) Inpatient Orders ASAP \(emergency room\) Inpatient Clinical Documentation Bridges \(HL7 and XML interfaces\) Clinical Content OpTime \(operating room\) Cupid \(cardiology\) Anesthesia Hospital Billing Radiant \(radiology\) Professional Billing*
* + Develop and maintain detailed project plan to include milestones, tasks, and target/actual dates of completion + Manage up to a $5M operational budget + Manage the successful delivery of multiple, multi\-year projects with $3M\+ budgets, 1\-2 year project timelines, and more than 75 key project stakeholders + Manage 30\-40 Analysts, 2\-3 Team Leads, 4\-6 work streams, and over 5,000 lines of a project plan\. + Coordinates activities and resources between teams + Plans and manages the day\-to\-day activities of teams including prioritization of team activities and meeting plans + Ensures integration of system configuration \(coordinated design and build\) + Prepare summary team status reports and reviews with Project Director + Conduct weekly team lead meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates + Manage identified issues by the project team and bring to resolution; escalate to the Project Director issues which cannot be resolved + Develop weekly status reports that address outstanding work, issues and risks to the Project Director + Participate in weekly Project Director meeting and participates as needed in bi\-weekly Implementation Steering Team meetings + Ensure high quality of deliverables as identified through the project workplan + Ensure invoices are paid on time, forecasted appropriately, and reflects the deliverables stated in vendor contracts \(where appropriate\) + Ensure tasks and milestones are met on time, where any slippages to dates are forecasted and reported timely + Monitor vendors' performance, deliverables, and adherence to timelines against contractual performance requirements + Manage and negotiate contracts for technology\-related software, hardware and services as appropriate + Establish and maintain a body of components which form the basic structure of contractual agreements \(including professional services, hardware, and software\) including:
- Relevant functional and technical specifications and appropriate weighting for each category - Deliverables, milestones - Terms, costs, payment schedules, penalties, renewals, cancellations - Scenarios, costs, financial impacts, risks - Vendor evaluation:
viability, reputation, flexibility, strength/depth - Weighting and scoring of each functional and technical specification*
* Skills & Experience:
* + Technically trained project manager with 3\-5 years Epic experience or equivalent + Experience managing projects with core teams of at least 75 professionals across multiple work streams + Limited experience in managing complex integrated work plans + Moderate knowledge of all current trends in software delivery methodologies \(Agile/SCRUM/Waterfall\); success in transforming teams to embrace new trends and technologies + 3\+ years of experience managing individual and roll\-up project budgets, resource plans, risk mitigation strategies for IT and related projects*
* Interpersonal Skills:
* + Strong facilitation and problem solving skills + Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems + Ability to assess risk impact to project + Champion the project + Applies Epic experience and training to team tasks and deliverables + Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality\. + Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees\.*
* Required Qualifications:
* + Bachelor's Degree, Experience may substitute for minimum education requirement + 4 years project management experience + Certification in relevant Epic modules, PMP*
* Preferred Education & Experience:
* + Master's Degree or higher + Epic implementation experience + Cancer Center experience preferred + Healthcare experience in other acute care health care settings preferred as well previous experience in the design, planning and implementation of CIS preferred + Prior cancer center experience _About City of Hope_ City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .