Associate Vice President, Donor Engagement and Communications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # Associate Vice President, Donor Engagement and Communications Department:
Stewardship - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID
* Job Title:
* Associate Vice President, Donor Engagement and Communications*
* Position Summary:
* City of Hope's mission is to 'turn hope into reality\.' Focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes, City of Hope has established itself as a world\-class leader in transforming the future of health\. Raising the philanthropic resources to fuel its cutting\-edge research, its exquisite and compassionate clinical care, and its advancement of medical education and study, is a vital component of the City of Hope model of success\. Each member of the Office of Philanthropy is a stakeholder in this work, with personal accountability for their role in building a successful future of delivering new cures, treatments, and education\. The Office of Philanthropy's vision is to support this life\-saving work by being known institutionally and nationally as a model of excellence among elite fundraising programs\. Recent recruitments of stellar faculty offer advancement leaders new opportunity for partnership between philanthropy, research, and patient care\. As a member of the Philanthropy Leadership Team, the Associate Vice President, Donor Engagement and Communications \(AVP\), will help ensure the fundraising success of the Office of Philanthropy through a number of executive\-level responsibilities\. This effort is in keeping with the shared vision of the _Preparing Our People_ initiative to prepare our office for the rigors of a campaign, and to realize our vision of excelling as a highly collaborative, efficient, and creative team\. The AVP will implement a cultural adherence to personal accountability, shared success, and a commitment to professional growth\. The AVP will contribute to this vision by bringing an institution\-wide perspective in contributing to the creation of programs and strategies to drive institutional success\. In this primarily self\-driven role, the AVP will conceptualize and lead key processes and programs that support an office\-wide focus on collaboration, efficiencies, and outcomes\. By providing expertise and executive leadership in donor engagement, meaningful donor communications and a comprehensive grateful patient program, the AVP will be a partner in creating our vision of being known institutionally and nationally as a model of excellence among elite fundraising programs\. Specifically, this position is responsible for the development, implementation, and coordination of strategies and tactics to support key fundraising goals, donor engagement and stewardship communications and a meaningful grateful patients program for the City of Hope\. This position provides thoughtful and strategic direction as the Donor Engagement team handles five primary areas of programming critical to deepening life\-long donor relationships:
acknowledgement, recognition, engagement/stewardship, grateful patient programs and accountability\. The position leads donor engagement communications projects and provides strategic counsel to development programs and gift officers to enhance relationship with donors and prospective donors\. This position will work very closely with Prospect Managers throughout the Office of Philanthropy and COH leadership to ensure ongoing personal contact with donors through stewardship reports, personal stewardship meetings, invitations to appropriate events and gifts\. Responsible for leading teams in working on donor experience improvement projects and testing new and enhanced programs and projects\. This will include building a distinct but integrated grateful patient fundraising initiative anchored by hospital experiences\. The program will build around experiences with patients/patient families to encourage contact beyond their medical interactions, and include fundamentals around genuine concern, personal connections \(at several levels\), physician engagement, and meaningful communications\. Understanding of HIPPA compliance, and instilling best practices for all staff is critical\. Responsible for grateful patient data analysis and implementation of best practices\. The AVP creates customized and highly personal content for and coordinates the design of a portfolio of projects, such as donor engagement strategic plan, donor recognition, appeal letters, brochures, acknowledgements, donor spotlights, stewardship packages, endowment and program reports, social media updates, and website updates\. The AVP will manage a select top tiered COH donor relationships\. The position leads by example and effectively manages internal and external partnerships to produce departmental communications pieces\. Aligns department goals and manages department resources and budgets to meet COH's strategic objectives\. The position participates in the achievement of our fundraising goals and supports City of Hope's work\. As a member of the donor relations team, the position also supports stewardship activities such as donor events and recognition programs\. The AVP for Donor Engagement and Communications will be a highly skilled writer and well\-rounded professional operating at the highest end of competencies\. The successful candidate will have significant experience working in complex organizations with multiple stakeholders using a variety of communications\. The position serves as an Office of Philanthropy's liaison with the marketing and communication teams at COH\. The AVP of Donor Engagement and Communications serves as a role model for Office of Philanthropy team members, leading the creation of a forward\-thinking culture and its associated change management\. Provides strategic insight and guidance regarding Office of Philanthropy fundraising programs/priorities*
* Key Responsibilities include:
* Lead the unit in reaching its goal:
* + Meet annual activity and financial performance metrics\. + Analyze and implement program to ensure cost effectiveness\. + Develop and manage meaningful donor communications\. + Institute a comprehensive metrics based grateful patient system to support fundraising efforts\. + Provide a strategic counsel to development programs and gift officers to enhance relationship with donors and prospective donors\. + Create customized and highly personal content for and coordinates the design of a portfolio of projects\. + Manage a select top tiered COH donor relationships from a donor relations/stewardship perspective\.*
* Managing the unit:
Lead the team with a focus on accountability, best practices, and collaboration\. The incumbent will demonstrate an ability to motivate staff toward adherence to key performance indicators and to maintain a productive culture\. Includes:
* + Develop and maintain productive relationships with City of Hope faculty and staff to support fundraising initiatives for COH priorities\. + Oversee management of staff and act as mentor for all content and professional development areas\. Includes serving as a resource in developing strategies, conducting ongoing conversations regarding performance in relation to metrics, and articulating opportunities for employees' growth and professional development in a thoughtful manner\. + Demonstrate an ability to solve problems, overcome hurdles, and navigate sensitive issues with discretion, tact, and strong communication skills\. + Provide leadership throughout employees' tenure, from interviewing and making thoughtful hiring decisions, and providing foundational onboarding to new employees, to ensuring high employee retention within the Office of Philanthropy\. + Possess thorough knowledge of the key fund\-raising priorities for COH\. + Responsible for fiduciary accounting of the funds raised through these campaigns\. + Responsible for department oversight and ensuring a positive working.