Integration Team Lead ndash Epic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Integration Team Lead - Epic Department:
ITS \- Business Operations - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
Integration Team Lead - Epic
* Position Summary:
* Responsible for managing the day\-to\-day activities of assigned analysts, including prioritization of work and coordination of resources\. Manages and resolves identified issues and risks, escalating to Project Managers as necessary\. Reports status of task completion\. Works with other team leads to coordinate activities between work streams to integrate work and system design, build, testing, training, and go\-live\. Reports to assigned Project Manager\. Provides comprehensive technical direction and support for Epic Bridges and other interface analysts\. Provides assistance to operations and affiliated institutions for interfaces and integration\. Assists project manager with translating the scope of integration into comprehensive interface\-by\-interface specifications and timelines\. Coordinates with application teams and business owners to assess and document requirements and solutions\. Coordinates technical dependencies and processes for system upgrades\.*
* + Leads 5\-15 Analysts within a single work stream and 500 lines of a project plan\. + Plans and manages the day\-to\-day activities of team members including prioritization of work, coordination of resources, and meeting plans, as relating to interface requirements and technical integration of Epic and related systems\. + Identifies, understands, and communicates cross\-application build and resource dependencies\. + Seeks out best practices and recommended Bridges configurations to support organizational needs and regulatory requirements\. + Coordinates system upgrades and programming modifications\. + Assists in structuring and facilitating appropriate change control processes\. + Ensures completion and high quality of deliverables assigned to the team including but not limited to, project plan, design documentation, build audits, testing plans and scripts, training curriculum and activation plans\. + Actively supports the PMO with design documentation, build audits, testing plans and scripts, training curriculum and activation plan\. + Ensures deliverables are completed in accordance with the plan\. + Coordinates interactions and activities of vendors, both on\-site and off\-site\. + Manages identified issues by the project team and bring to resolution\. + Escalates non\-resolved issues to the Project Manager\. + Reports completion of work plans for outstanding work, issues, and risks on a weekly basis to the Project Manager\. + Ensures high quality of deliverables as identified:
o Activities of one team do not adversely impact activities of another team\. o Changes are combined when appropriate to avoid duplicate effort\. o Thorough testing to minimize problems at Go Live\. o Quality Deliverables are prepared\. + Conducts weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, changes, communications and updates\. + Ensures team decisions are made in a timely fashion\. + Ensures team's adherence to PMO processes\. + Works with other teams to coordinate team activities with other project teams to integrate work and system design, build, testing, training, and go\-live\.*
* Skills and Experience:
* + Understands system requirements and analyze data components and inputs\. + Is familiar with medical record components and related system interfaces\. + Has a minimum of 4 years Team Lead experience\. + Possesses an understanding of computer system capabilities to address process requirements\.*
* Interpersonal Skills:
* + Applies Epic experience and training to team tasks and deliverables\. + Integrates process steps and handoffs across disciplines/departments and drive teams to decisions\. + Demonstrates strong facilitation and problem solving skills\. + Demonstrates the ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems\. + Demonstrates the ability to champions the project\. + Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting healthcare departments\. + Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality\. + Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees\.*
* Required Qualifications:
* + Bachelor's Degree + Experience may substitute for minimum education requirement + 5\+ years healthcare Information Technology experience + Certification in Bridges required for consideration\. + Preferred Master's Degree or higher*
* Preferred Education & Experience:
* + 3\+ years in a leading or mentoring healthcare role\. + 5\+ years of experience in a team lead role\. + Cancer center experience + Epic implementation experience preferred\. + Previous implementation or upgrade experience + Previous interface experience + Healthcare experience in other acute care health care settings preferred as well\. Previous experience in the design, planning and implementation of CIS preferred\. _About City of Hope_ City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .