EPMO Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # EPMO Project Manager Department:
Strategic Program Office - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
Project Manager \- EPMO
* Position Summary:
* The Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives will support the development and implementation of the key strategic initiatives flowing through the EPMO\. This position will:
+ Directly leads the project management of a specific initiative or a set of initiatives, as determined by the priority and/or overall strategic impact of the initiative + Works closely with Operational resources to ensure metric and milestone achievement + Supports Operations in their direct leadership of initiatives \(e\.g\. serves as a consultative resource to aide the business in project management application in order to ensure equal metric and milestone achievement for initiatives that are not fully resourced by the EPMO\) + Create and execute project workstream work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements\. + Identify resources needed and provide guidance, direction and support to line resources in order to ensure effective outcomes are achieved\. + Manage day\-to\-day operational aspects of project workstream and scope\. + Review deliverables prepared by team\. + Effectively apply sound project management methodology and enforce project standards to foster adoption + Minimize exposure and risk on project\. + Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately\.*
* Specific job responsibilities include:
* + Leads all project management aspects of assigned fiscal year strategic initiatives associated with the implementation of the organization's strategic plan + Schedules and effectively facilitates regular status meetings with project team\. + Keeps workstream team well informed of changes within the project\. + Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors\. + Resolves and/or escalates issues clearly and objectively\. + Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully\. + Manages all EPMO\-related functions of the workstream\. + Keeps track of action items and follows up to completion\. + Mitigates team conflict and communication problems\. + Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions\. + Reviews status reports with executive sponsor and team members and addresses issues as appropriate\. + Works directly alongside external advisors to coordinate all related analysis needed + Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures\. + Manages the development of complex, strategic data analysis through integration of data from a variety of internal and external information sources\. + Analyzes and synthesizes available information to assist in decision\-making\. + Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise\. + Keeps abreast of current healthcare issues and finance by attending appropriate meetings and reviewing current literature\.*
* Position Qualifications
* + Bachelor's degree required\. \(preferably MHA, MPH or MBA\) + 5\-7 years experience in project management\. + Prior experience demonstrating effective communication skills and interpersonal relation skills + Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with executives, and other key stakeholders\. + Superior project management, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills\. + Employs tact and discretion and is motivated, self\-directed, confident and a self\-starter\.*
* Preferred Education/Certification:
* + Masters \(preferably MHA, MPH or MBA\) + Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Portfolio management systems _About City of Hope_ City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .