Senior Application Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # Senior Application Developer Department:
ITS \- Solution Delivery - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
Senior Applications Developer
* Position Summary:
* The Senior Application Developer specializes in the design and architecture of complex applications and extremely proficient in application integration\. The position has the ability to convert abstract concepts into viable solutions using existing applications as well as new technology techniques and tools\. The Senior Application Developer is focused nearly exclusively on extremely complex 'enterprise' projects, and providing support as needed\. The position has considerable expertise in a variety of technologies, including industry tools not currently being used at COH\. The position has the ability to architect systems end\-to\-end \(e\.g\. server to client\), understands how different systems operate, their possible integration points and knows how to connect them\. The Senior Application Developer has a broad knowledge of various development technologies/methods and when to best use them\. The position provides technical application development and architecture mentorship to non\-senior developers on the team\.*
* Specific job responsibilities include:
* + Outstanding communication skills \(written and verbal\) with various stakeholders \(including customers, ITS personnel, vendors, etc\.\)\. + Expertise in architecting, developing, implementing, and maintaining applications and services both internal and external to COH\. + Develop, maintain, and implement custom systems and applications\. + Communicate both technical and business aspects of development projects to users and analysts\. + Write application documentation\. + Keep current with industry standard technologies and development methods necessary to build enterprise grade, scalable systems\. + Designs and implements overall COH enterprise middleware strategy\. + Expertise in developing, implementing, and maintaining applications and services both internal and external to COH\. + Create detailed specifications for applications architecture, coding standards, and associated database schema and plan for most efficient method of integrating key elements for one and between multiple applications\. + Mentor and train other programmers\. + Exceptional troubleshooting abilities\. Act as a technical resource for the team to resolve complex problems\. + Follows department standards in change, release, incident, problem, project, and crisis management\.*
* Position Requirements/Qualifications
* + Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or experience may substitute for minimum education requirements\. + 5 years of demonstrated expert application development/testing experience using Java and \.Net + 5 years of experience with integration tools for middleware integration such as Mulesoft\. + 5 years demonstrated experience and expert knowledge applying enterprise scale software development lifecycle + 5 or more years of application architecture experience in information technology environment + Working experience with MS SQL, relational databases, stored procedures and triggers\. + Strong understanding of hardware and networking topics\. Experience using JDeveloper, Eclipse and VisualStudio to support development needs\. Understanding of modern design patterns, + Proven experience in leading small to mid\-sized projects and providing technical team leadership\. + Webcenter Sites experience is highly desired + Required Courses/Training:
A structured development technique in system development is required\.*
* Preferred Certifications/Experience:
* + Mulesoft or Microsoft Certified Architect or equivalent \(preferred\)\. + GitHub \(code management\), relational database principals, knowledge of HL7, experience integrating healthcare applications\. Experience with Web Center Sites/Portal/Content, SOA, SaS, RESTful architecture, Enterprise system development, healthcare development a plus*
* Webcenter Sites, Mulesoft, JAVA, JAVA APIs, \.NET Framework \(3\.0\+\), REST, XML, JMS, SOAP,Web Services, XML, SQL,, C\+\+, Perl, Visual Basic,Visio, MS\. Project, jQuery, CSS3, HTML5 _About City of Hope_ City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .