Director of Development Music, Film and Entertainment Industry
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Director of Development \- Music, Film and Entertainment Industry Department:
Development Mgmt \- Los Angeles - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID
* Job Title:
* Director of Development:
Music, Film and Entertainment Industry*
* Position Summary:
* City of Hope's mission is to 'turn hope into reality\.' Focused on eliminating cancer, diabetes and other life\-threatening illnesses, City of Hope has established itself as a world\-class leader in transforming the future of health\. Raising the philanthropic resources to fuel its leading\-edge research, its exquisite and compassionate clinical care, and its advancement of biomedical education and training, is a vital component of the City of Hope model of success\. Each member of the Office of Philanthropy is a stakeholder in this work, with personal accountability for his/her role in building a successful future of delivering new cures, treatments and education\. The Office of Philanthropy's vision is to support this life\-saving work by being known institutionally and nationally as a model of excellence among elite fundraising programs\. Recent recruitments of nationally and internationally renowned faculty offer advancement leaders new opportunity for partnership among philanthropy, research and patient care\. The Director of Development, Music, Film and Entertainment Industry \(DOD\),will contribute to this vision by supporting and role modeling a commitment to key processes and programs that sustain an office\-wide focus on collaboration, efficiencies and metrics\-based outcomes\. By providing strong individual contribution and direct report management, the DOD will be a part of creating our evolution into a perpetually campaign\-ready, donor\-centered, leading industry program to support City of Hope's mission\. In pursuit of this outcome, we are committed to growing careers within the Office of Philanthropy to attract and retain the most talented professionals in the country, and excel as a highly collaborative, efficient and creative team\. Specifically, under the direction of the Associate Vice President, Corporate and National Philanthropy, the incumbent will be a major gift frontline fundraiser securing corporate donations for the Music, Film and Entertainment Industry group\. The DOD will maintain and enhance existing fundraising campaigns, and secure new industry donations of $25K\+ through identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship\. In support of these outcomes, responsibilities including securing meetings and building partnerships with donors around the country and strategically engaging volunteers, as well as oversight and execution of fundraising events\. Event oversight includes working closely with industry volunteers, City of Hope staff, external vendors and corporate hosts in execution of cost\-effective, engaging, high\-level events; or, as appropriate, working with third party event executors\. The incumbent will have proven ability to build long\-term philanthropic corporate relationships while also consistently meeting fundraising goals, securing donations of $100,000 and above\. The DOD will have demonstrated experience in the full spectrum of development including gift policies, solicitations, volunteer engagement and revenue\-enhancing event management\. The incumbent will have strong written and oral communications skills, exhibited through the development of successful donor communications\. Established success at building internal \(staff, physicians, administrators\) relationships is required, as well as the ability to engage these partners in successful solicitations strategies\. These experiences will have been secured with five or more years of consecutive experience in a non\-profit environment, with experience in a complex health care environment preferred\.*
* Key Responsibilities include:
* Contributes to program reaching its annual performance goals through individual performance and modeling commitment to our vision
* + Meet annual activity and financial performance metrics\. + Analyze and implement program to ensure cost effectiveness\. + Partner with faculty on a variety of fundraising initiatives, and maintains and enhances collaborative relationships with City of Hope \(COH\) administrative offices and donors\. + Maintain and enhance existing fundraising campaigns for the Music, Film and Entertainment Industry group through frontline activity to build corporate relationships and make successful solicitations of $25K\+\. + Identify, cultivate and successfully secure donations from new industry donors through travel throughout the country\. + Work closely with industry volunteers, staff, external vendors and corporate hosts in the execution of fundraising events\. + Lead events efforts from budget to final execution, including initial event planning, vendor negotiations and contracts, mailings, tracking responses and online registration\. + As needed, travel to events and manage event execution onsite\. Otherwise, on\-site attendance is not necessary and event support comes in the form of creation and provision of collateral, videos, and save\-the\-dates, while execution of the event is done by a third party\. + Aide in the development of various campaign and event communication materials\. Work with marketing department or external vendors in the development of save the dates, invitations, brochures, campaign guides, advertisements, newsletters and Spirit of Life Journal + Develop and maintain strong relationships with donors, volunteers and COH faculty and staff\. + Manage the Music, Film and Entertainment Industry volunteer committees\. + Possess thorough knowledge of City of Hope, and the ability to communicate key messaging points to industry groups\. Communication takes the form of interpersonal and small group settings as well as large groups as well as large group speaking and presentations\.*
* Serve as a role model for the Office of Philanthropy\. Includes:
* + Act as spokesperson for City of Hope activities as requested, including representing City of Hope at various music industry events + Participate in meetings, search committees, task forces, and other special projects\. + Maintains a positive image when dealing with executive staff, donors, prospects, fundraisers and other City of Hope employees\. + Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality\.*
* Minium Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* + Bachelor's Degree - Experience may substitute for minimum education requirement\. + A minimum of 5 years of related experience\. - Relevant education or related experience in biomedical sciences or health care can be substituted for part of this requirement\. + Proficient in MSOffice Suite*
* Preferred Education and Skills:
* + Master's Degree + Experience in a complex medical or academic development setting encouraged\. + Strong understanding of the issues, nuances and needs of research teaching and clinical operations in a complex health sciences research and/or university environment\.*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and.