Senior Project Accountant Grants
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Senior Project Accountant \- Grants Department:
Corporate Accounting BSS - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
Senior Project Account \- Grants
* Position Summary:
* Reporting to the Manager, Project Accounting, the Senior Project Accountant monitors, reconciles, analyzes, and reports on complex awards to ensure compliance with the fiscal management of grants and contracts in accordance with government regulations, donor requirements, and City of Hope policies\. Is responsible to interact with faculty, department assistants and management to establish new grants and monitor expenditure activity and reconcile, analyze and report on sponsored project awards\. Responsible to ensure accurate financial data and prepare invoices to sponsors and agencies and monitor cash collections on accounts receivables\. Generates financial reports for a variety of reporting requirements to sponsors and for City of Hope analysis\. Meets deadlines, runs reports, prepares schedules and communicates information to constituents\. Responsible for completing the letter of credit draws from funding agencies\. Ideal candidates will have the following experience:
+ Research Awards and Close Outs + Federal Awards + Grant Financials and Reports + Creating Invoices + OMB Regulations \(Office of Management Budget\)*
* Specific job responsibilities include:
* + Responsible for general fiscal management of post award management of sponsored awards, including contracts, grants, fellowships, cooperative agreements and subcontracts\. This includes monitoring for expense allow\-ability, avoiding deficit spending and meeting with Business Managers and Principal Investigators as needed throughout the course of the grant and especially as the grant is coming to a close\. + Maintains financial integrity of assigned portfolio of grants by monitoring/clearing over\-expenditures, managing receivables, collecting cash, depositing cash correctly \(deferred revenues versus accounts receivables\) and reviewing for compliance with Federal, other sponsor, and donor regulations\. + Responsible to provide information to Corporate Accounting on a monthly basis concerning overall research revenues and expenses, actual versus budget variances; including appropriate explanations for any significant variances\. + Mastery of a wide variety of complex operational matters including a detailed understanding of various sponsoring agency requirements, COH policies and OMB circulars A\-21, A\-110, and A\-133\. + Advises Principal Investigators, Business Managers and sponsoring agency officials on issues of concern, such as allow\-ability of expenditures, interpretation of terms and conditions, and other financial management issues\. + Skill in analyzing information and objectives to define problems, identify patterns, relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions and recognize alternatives and their implications\. + Demonstrated professional experience, business acumen, judgment and integrity to effectively serve internal and external customers\. + Provides general instruction, as necessary to Project Accountants\. Acts as backfill for Project Accountants during absences\. + Suggests process and system improvements to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial data and reports\. Seeks alternatives to resolve problems\. + Collection processes may include discussions with researchers and business managers if payment is based on deliverables/milestones/tasks to avoid delinquent technical reports and payment delays\. + Responds to inquiries regarding sponsored projects issues and guides the person in the right direction\. + Works with Business Managers and PI's to close out grants in a timely fashion\. Provide training to faculty and or staff on accounting policies, forms and regulations\. + Requires an accounting background and solid knowledge of federal grant language to ensure compliance and limit exposure\. Strong analytical skills to fulfill analysis and preparation duties\. Provide excellent customer service by responding to inquiries and addressing concerns in a timely manner\. + Review and post journal entries and uploads as necessary\. + Ability to make sound decisions in the absence of the Manager, Project Accounting\. + Reviews monthly expenditure reports and prepares financial status reports for assigned grants\. + Assists in the month\-end close and year\-end financial audits for the Beckman Research Institute and Medical Center grants and contracts\.*
* Position Requirements:
* + 5\-8 years of relevant experience with solid knowledge of OMB Circulars and other federal and non\-federal agency guidelines\. Combined experience may substitute for minimum education\. + Preferred \- Related field of Accounting or Business*
* Skills and Ability:
* + Excellent oral/written communication and organization skills + Must demonstrate solid technical knowledge of relevant OMB regulations \(A\-133, A\-110, A\-21 and other agency specific regulations\. + Should possess strong accounting, analytical, technical, interpersonal and organizational skill\. + Work well independently\. + Strong focus on providing excellent customer service\. + Ability to think and work independently and as part of a team\. + Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance\. + Analyze and balance figures + Compile data and process data into computer programs + Prepare reports + Research information + Use computerized spreadsheets to conduct analyses _About City of Hope_ City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .