Senior Manager-Technology for Business Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # Senior Manager\-Technology for Business Analytics Department:
ITS\- Enterprise Data Warehouse - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
Senior Manager\-Technology for Business Analytics \(SAP/BO\)
* Position Summary:
* The Sr\. Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics is responsible for the overall architecture, design, development, and maintenance of the Enterprise Data Management Business Intelligence and Analytics platform\. The business intelligence platform includes planning, design, architecture, development, testing, and support of the enterprise business intelligence presentation layer and the associated data that support it - including the data marts, meta\-data, cubes, dimensions, transformations, statistics, analytics, algorithms, and dashboards \(as well as associated graphs & charts\)\. The position supports the business intelligence for the research, business and clinical mission of City of Hope\. This includes information necessary to drive patient care and clinical administration/operation quality, safety, and business process improvement\. Further, the Sr\. Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics proactively works with internal business partners and department leaders to demonstrate the capabilities of the Enterprise Business Intelligence platform \(software, team, tools and scope\) to satisfy their business requirements The position works closely with customers from a strategic perspective to identify and maximize opportunities to utilize the clinical data warehouse system and develop business intelligence solutions to improve business processes, promote the strategic use of information technology, and enable the workforce to use technologies as a competitive tool\. These clients include \(not limited to\); the CMIO, CMO, COO, CNO, Chief Quality Officer, ITS leadership and other clinical leadership\. The position ensures the development of standards for the Enterprise Data Management Business Intelligence platform to ensure compatibility and integration of multi\-vendor platforms\. The Sr\. Manager is responsible for and works with the other Enterprise Data Management teams \(PM, DBA, HL7, ETL, MDM\) to achieve organizational balance and system coherency between front\-end desktop/client environment and Data Warehouse back\-end processing functions\.*
* Specific job responsibilities include:
* + Understand and lead development resources in the architecture, modeling, design, and development\. + Work with Senior executive teams and clinical leadership to manager, re\-engineer existing systems into data management solution which reflect overall data strategy + Manages projects and tasks\. + Design and build a scalable, high performance data warehouse used for complex reporting and clinical analytics + Prepare Technical Design / Specifications, create prototypes and develop routines for data extraction and loading + Personnel Management/ Training*
* Position Requirements and Qualifications
* + Bachelor's degree + 10\+ years in corporate enterprise data warehousing technologies and methodologies\. + 10\+ years development of Business Intelligence platforms \(e\.g\. SAP/BO, Microstrategy, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft\) in an enterprise environment\. + 7 \+ years of Architecture + 5\+ years strong working experience in Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle \(both OLTP and OLAP\) + 5\+ years managing reporting infrastructure and processes + Expert demonstrated experience with software/systems development life cycle principles in an enterprise development environment\.*
* Skills and Ability
* + Expert knowledge of BI development/presentation layer platform \(e\.g\. SAP/BO, Microstrategy, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft\)\. Prefer:
SAP/BO + Demonstrated experience using data modeling tools \(e\.g\. ErWIN\)\. + Experience working with large data structures + Experience in formal Metadata management + Expert knowledge of Data Governance + Expert knowledge of data architecture and modeling + Demonstrated experience in preparing programming specifications + Strong problem solving ability, analytical and design skills + Strong interpersonal relationship skills and experience coordinating work with various teams \(e\.g\. PMO, DBA, ETL etc\.\)\.*
* Preferred Education and Skills
* + Master degree in business, computer science, information technology, or related area + BI development, data modeling, reporting, statistics + Certification\(s\) in a BI development/presentation layer platform \(e\.g\. SAP/BO, Microstrategy, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft\)\. + Business accounting/finance, marketing, fund\-raising, healthcare terminologies and practice, clinical research\. _About City of Hope_ City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .