Clinical Systems Pharmacist ndash Epic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Clinical Systems Pharmacist - Epic Department:
ITS \- Business Operations - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
Clinical Systems Pharmacist - Epic
* Position Summary:
* The Clinical Systems Pharmacist will provide daily operational analysis, support and maintenance for the Epic applications\. They will maintain documentation of business and system configuration requirements as relating to medications and oncology treatment plans\. He or she will assist with build and validation of the activities related to the Pharmacy and Cancer Treatment Center, as well as provide support to the Pharmacy and other City of Hope staff as relating to medications and treatment plans in Epic\.*
* + Coordinates the installation of Epic functionality with the Pharmacy staff\. + Communicates with clinical stakeholders and affiliates to assess and define workflow, requirements, and solutions\. + Evaluates medication records for clinical accuracy\. + Attends meetings as required, and participates on committees as directed\. + Acts as a liaison between the pharmacy and oncologists and Information Services; providing domain expertise\. + Provides detailed documentation of decisions and workflows\. + Serves as a system resource for new installations, conversions, and general maintenance needs\. + Helps to lead others toward established industry best practices, standards, and quality guidelines\. + Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees\. + Performs other job\-related duties as assigned\.*
* Skills and Experience:
* + Understands strategies, determines business needs, and participates in planning and implementing Epic\. + Works effectively in a high\-paced environment\. + Applies knowledge of workflows to implement a system that meets business needs\. + Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers\. + Identifies problem situations and consider all perspectives in terms of scope and consequences\. + Effectively coordinates and communicates with other individuals and teams\. + Works independently, handle significant responsibility, and prioritize multiple assignments\. + Attends to detail required\. + Maintain knowledge of new and existing drug therapies, drug interactions, clinical recommendations\. + Builds effective working relationships with IT and customers\. + Maintains technical knowledge and skills while keeping abreast of current and emerging technologies*
* Interpersonal Skills:
* + Demonstrates flexibility, creativity, curiosity, and assertiveness\. + Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills\. + Demonstrates creativity, integrity, and initiative\. + Communicates effectively with others using a variety of modes and in a complex and varied work environment\. + Promotes the effectiveness of the team as both team leader and team member\. + Helps the organization fulfill its mission and achieve its strategic objective by using critical thinking and problem solving\.*
* Required Qualifications:
* + Pharm\.D\. or B\.S\. in Pharmacy + 5\+ years of pharmacy with clinical experience + 1\+ year of experience in the delivery of client\-facing applications support service + 1\+ year of Information Technology support\. + Certification in relevant Epic module is required for consideration\. Current CA Pharmacist License*
* Preferred Education & Experience:
* + Additional training and expertise in project management, systems implementation, and personal computer software preferred\. + Acute care pharmacy setting preferred + Healthcare experience in other acute care settings preferred as well\. Previous experience in the design, planning and implementation of clinical information systems preferred\. _About City of Hope_ City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .