Senior Digital Content Writer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Senior Digital Content Writer Department:
Web And Internet Mktg Svc BSS - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID
* Job Title:
* Senior Digital Content Writer*
* Position Summary:
* The Senior Digital Content Writer is responsible for the written expression of the City of Hope brand voice across website and other digital properties helping City of Hope meet strategic growth, research and education goals\. From patient care pages to research highlights to philanthropic outreach, the Senior Digital Content Writer helps make the patient/donor/researcher online experience as well\-informed as possible\. Projects will involve promoting strategic priorities in patient care, research, philanthropy programs, highlighting the accomplishments of City of Hope researchers, educating patients and the public, and writing articles for blogs, web, and social or other online communication vehicles\. The content will inform and engage the public, current and prospective patients, potential collaborators, donors and the media on City of Hope's exemplary care and scientific developments\. The Senior Digital Content Writer position requires the ability to write about current events and trends in cancer and other disease treatments and patient care; areas of translational research and biomedical technology; pharmaceuticals and fundraising events\. The ability to identify market differentiators and synthesize complex information into strong consumer and professional content and the expertise to articulate interesting ideas into new ways is required\. The fundamental duties include writing, editing, fact\-finding and interviewing\. Such activities require interviews of medical/administrative staff, researchers, clinicians and patients in person or by telephone, review of literature, organization of facts and numerical data, and using web content management systems\. Must be digital savvy and follow SEM/SEO best practices\. The Senior Digital Content Writer will work both independently and as part of cross\-functional teams that can include media specialists, designers, producers, developers and marketers\. To be successful, they must be organized and be able to work on several projects at once while demonstrating strong communication and interpersonal skills\. Outstanding attention to detail in written and oral communications is also essential\.*
* Key Responsibilities include:
* + Identify audience segments and write original, high\-quality web content to drive engagement and/or conversion + Communicate the clients' key messages into the appropriate web/digital content - whether it is with subject matter experts or patients + Identify and organize web content to support stakeholder goals + Create clear, SEO\-rich product copy, metatags, titles and page descriptions and post to content management system + Create web copy with a conversational tone that encourages trust and inspires a spirit of 'The Miracle of Science with Soul\.' + Craft succinct and compelling headlines for blog articles, social media, video and native digital ads + Build productive relationships with researchers, clinicians and staff to foster open communication + Edit copy provided by various stakeholder groups to ensure it is clear, concise, and on brand + Manage priorities and deadlines across multiple concurrent web copy projects + Provide ongoing education on methods for adhering to voice and content strategies + Build productive relationships with Marketing and Communication teams to foster open communication and ensure alignment across all marketing channels + Work collaboratively with Digital Marketing teammates across functions to effectively reach company goal + Stay current with emerging ecommerce, mobile, social and content strategy trends*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* + Bachelor's degree in Humanities, Journalism, Communications, Media or a related field\. + 5 or more years of web/digital writing and editing experience + Microsoft Office Suite + Adobe Creative Suite + Understanding of HTML backend for SEO/SEM best practices + Excellent editor with knowledge of AP format*
* Preferred skills and experience:
* + Previous work in the marketing and healthcare/research/academic/nonprofit setting\. + Video production/editing experience preferred\. + Professional experience in writing for web/digital, blogs, social media and online marketing sector\. + Working knowledge of analytics software + Working knowledge of Content Management System Software*
* About City of Hope:
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. \
* LI\-DB .