Associate Director Senior Technical Lead Research Applications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # Associate Director \- Senior Technical Lead Research Applications Department:
Information Sciences \- BRI - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
* Associate Director \- Senior Technical Lead Research Applications
* Position Summary:
* To provide technical leadership to a group of application developers to build innovative solutions that deal with the large quantities of research data that the Department of Information Sciences is requested to coordinate\. To help ensure that best practices and researching cutting edge technologies are utilized to provide quality and efficient solutions\. Provides leadership in the Research Informatics Applications section of the division by participation and implementation of advanced integrated RI platform architecture and functional applications\. Mentors other technical staff in state\-of\-the\-art scientific informatics advances and good computing practices Ideal candidate must have experience within one of the following areas:
+ Science \- Healthcare + Research \- Healthcare + Research Informatics*
* Essential Functions:
* + Leads projects, provides consultation on projects\. Serves as a hands on technical lead in software development becoming a driver in the design, architecture and implementation of new Research Informatics platform and technology enhancement of existing applications\. Provides domain enriched scientific and technical expertise to devise an advanced architectural framework and implement the platform to ensure that it meets current and future needs of RI at COH\. If effective, platform and applications are delivered that fully meet the requirements of users, anticipate requirements not specified, with correlations with other applications/systems realized\. + Mentors/trains developers\. Helps developers mature in their fields and increase the quality of applications delivered to users\. End result will be that developers improve skills and increase productivity + Researches new technologies, prototypes new methodologies, keeps abreast of the constantly evolving best practices\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* + An MS degree in computer science or related field\. Substantial experience in lieu of a degree may be considered\. + 15 to 20 years of experience in software development\. At least 10 years of experience in hands\-on technical lead or architect position + Experience with multiple databases including SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc\. + Experience with technologies like Data Warehousing, Semantic Web, Hadoop + Experience with open source as well as commercial and enterprise level software products + Strong exposure to platform design and development*
* Preferred Experience, Education and Certification/License:
* + An advanced degree in life sciences Ph\.D\. or MD + Experience as a framework engineer or platform developer + Experience in a healthcare or life sciences environment + Familiarity with healthcare and HL7 + Exposure to current trends such as ORM, SOA, RESTful data services + Experience in implementing both OLAP and OLTP structures _About City of Hope_ City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .