This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # Marketing Representative Department:
Communications MC - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID
* Job Title:
* Marketing Representative*
* Position Summary:
* The Marketing Representative coordinates strategic marketing projects that increase the visibility of City of Hope clinical trials, CME programming and highlights City of Hope physician expertise - locally, nationally and internationally\. In this role, the Marketing Representative applies sound strategic marketing knowledge of City of Hope products, marketing campaign development and execution\. The candidate also possesses a clear understanding of the competitive marketplace and issues facing healthcare\. The Marketing Specialist has proven experience successfully planning and implementing marketing programs that produce results against organizational business objectives\. The successful candidate has solid expertise in executing Clinical Marketing programs and plans which are driven by strategic thinking and tied to measurable goals with an eye on Return on Investment\. The Marketing Representative is well\-versed in the fundamentals of marketing, communications, social media/digital, content marketing, advertising, and branding\. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for collecting information, utilizing resources and managing work processes in support of Clinical Marketing programs and plans\. These initiatives will include:
managing email campaigns, conference and CME planning, and various communications and marketing programs for internal clinical clients in support of organization\-wide initiatives\. The Marketing Specialist will be expected to support the advancement of clinical marketing initiatives for assigned service lines and to support City of Hope's community practice site expansion and development to grow patient visits\. The Marketing Specialist will participate in and contribute to the achievement of departmental goals for developing and executing strategic marketing and communication materials through digital marketing, community events, publications, media relations and special events, as required\. The following skills are required for this position:
excellent communication skills - verbal and non\-verbal, the ability to manage several competing projects at once, problem\-solving skills, innovative approaches to issues, and use of sound judgment\. The successful candidate for this position must also be able to deliver superb client service, work well with colleagues, managers and leadership at the highest levels within City of Hope\. The key factors for success in this role include:
a high level of organization, attention to detail, project follow through, and commitment to excellence\.*
* Key Responsibilities include:
* + Develop and execute work plans to increase awareness of City of Hope clinical trials, CME programming, clinical services and physician expertise in support of inpatient and outpatient goals\. Support and execute strategic tactics to achieve our growth goals\. Stay abreast of changes in the healthcare environment to best serve institutional objectives and execute on plans and strategies accordingly\. + Through communication and expert follow through, maintain positive working relationships with internal clinical contacts including:
physicians, service line leadership, department colleagues and management at all levels throughout City of Hope\. + Make recommendations and track physician\-highlighted media, advertising and be accountable for contributing to the management of departmental budget\. + Assist with the development and maintenance of a digital tracking tool for New Recruit marketing materials\. This effort will help to ensure effective tracking and accounting of New Physician Marketing Assets in support of promotional efforts and activities\. + Recognize stories and the method for how best to collaborate across the organization to most effectively differentiate City of Hope\. This will be accomplished through the use of written, digital and verbal communications that may be repurposed into new articles, staff and physician newsletters, clinical brochures, video/slide show scripts, web content, fact sheets, social media, blogs articles for various City of Hope publications and other pieces as assigned and/or needed\. + Collaborate effectively across the organization with particular support of Clinical Marketing, Public Affairs, and Communications to raise awareness of City of Hope expertise in the marketplace\. + Strong written and communication skills with MS Word and PowerPoint proficiency are required\. MS Excel aptitude is desired\. Responsible for supporting Sr\. Marketing Specialist in identifying, analyzing and reporting key performance indicators using a variety of applications, such as online and offline marketing\. + Coordinate special events and promotions, including written materials, plans and timelines for logistical elements, as required\. + Maintain consistent brand image and voice in all materials\. Ensuring that all marketing materials produced follow the Clinical Marketing workflow process\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* + Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Healthcare, Journalism, English or a related field\. + 3\-5 years of hospital/healthcare marketing experience Or project management experience in a marketing environment + Good working knowledge of all aspects of marketing, paid media channels, digital marketing, writing, editing, media relations, business development and/or event management + Proven Project Management Skills + Computer savvy, very proficient with the following software:
Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook*
* Preferred Education and Skills:
* + MBA + Healthcare marketing or marketing experience desired\. + Agency experience accepted with appropriate marketing experience\.*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .