Associate Vice President, Major Gifts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Associate Vice President, Major Gifts Department:
Major Gifts - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID
* Job Title:
* Associate Vice President, Major Gifts*
* Position Summary:
* The Associate Vice President of Major Gifts is responsible for leading by example and managing the City of Hope's principal, major and special gifts and its staff to increase the level of individual involvement and financial commitment of donors\. The AVP\-MG provides leadership and mentoring to City of Hope Major Gift staff and faculty in the identification, qualification, fine\-tuned strategic engagement, solicitation and highly personalized stewardship of prospects and donors with a capacity rating of $100,000, with an emphasis on $500,000\+ donors/prospects\. The AVP\-MG will establish and refine standards for management and development best practices that encourage the highest levels of quality in all interactions with current and prospective donors\.*
* Key Responsibilities include:
* + Personally identify, cultivate and solicit prospects capable of making major and principal gifts to City of Hope, managing a portfolio and executing strategies related to individual prospects and donors with capacity at major and principal gift levels \($100K\-$2\.5M and up\)\. Build and manage an active portfolio of 25 to 40 prospect donor relationships\. Craft and oversee staff execution of comprehensive, multi\-year strategies for special, major and principal gifts, both for individual prospects and donors and cohorts\. Maintain high\-quality, long\-term relationships with past and potential donors that maximize their capacity to provide financial support to the City of Hope\. Serve as an outstanding business partner with a wide range of key stakeholders within City of Hope and participate in enterprise wide strategic planning to ensure alignment of philanthropic objectives with City of Hope strategic priorities\. Utilize data to define strategic plans for solicitation of prospects\. + Manages/supervises and develops an effective staff:
providing effective communication, leadership by example, guidance and resources\. Evaluates staff performance regularly and in concert with the Chief Philanthropy Officer, the Senior VP for Advancement Operations and Giving Campaigns and the VP Individual Giving, determines merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions\. Determines staff qualifications and competency:
assists with recruitment, and selection of new staff hires\. Is responsible for training, orienting and mentoring new and existing staff\. + Demonstrated ability to lead and manage in a highly matrixed organization and a relationship\-driven culture; plan strategically; and interact effectively with high\-level supporters, administrators, and volunteers\. Work collaboratively and efficiently with all members of the Philanthropy staff, proactively sustaining a philanthropic culture of collaboration, innovation and strategic growth\. + Help train and educate physicians, clinical and research leaders on fundraising policies and practices\. Strengthen the overall philanthropy engagement with leadership, faculty, department heads, and members of the staff, strengthening a culture of philanthropy and building collaborative partnerships\. + Leadership responsibilities and representation throughout the Office of Philanthropy and City of Hope\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* + Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience\. + At least 7 years of experience in the management of development functions with an emphasis on major gifts\. + Experience in managing effective teams, engaging constituencies, and working with volunteers\.*
* Preferred Education and Skills:
* + Advanced degree*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .