Systems Analyst- Epic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Systems Analyst\- Epic Department:
ITS \- Business Operations - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
Systems Analyst - Epic
* Position Summary:
* Design, build, and test an assigned Epic module\. Maintain documentation of business and system configuration requirements\. Configure the Epic software according to decisions made by SMEs such as templates, drop\-down boxes and pick lists\. Complete assigned team tasks as documented in the work plan\. Report status of task completion to assigned Team Lead\. Provide timely alerts about endangered milestones and deliverables\. The candidate will fill one of the following Epic modules/teams:
Ambulatory \(clinic\) Health Information Management Network & Devices Reporting & Business Intelligence Beacon \(oncology\) ADT \(admission, discharge, transfer\) Willow \(pharmacy\) Cadence/Prelude \(scheduling\) Data Conversion & Cutover Integration & Security Beaker \(lab\) Inpatient Orders ASAP \(emergency room\) Inpatient Clinical Documentation Bridges \(HL7 and XML interfaces\) Clinical Content OpTime \(operating room\) Cupid \(cardiology\) Anesthesia Hospital Billing Radiant \(radiology\) Professional Billing*
* + Analyzes, develops, configures, tests and implements Electronic Health Record \(EHR\) software and related analytics, with minimal supervision\. + Performs system configuration functions using on\-line architectural tools with minimal supervision\. + Prepares detailed program specifications and flowcharts, and coordinates the system's installation with the user department\. + Provides status reports to management when required\. + Attends meetings as required, and participates on committees as directed\. + Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solutions\. + Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting healthcare departments\. + Works closely with operational stakeholders to properly engineer workflow\. + Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality\. + Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees\.*
* Skills and Experience:
* + Understands strategies, determines business needs, and participates in planning and implementing Epic\. + Ability to work effectively in a high\-paced environment\. + Ability to train on and become certified in one or more relevant Epic system modules\. + Ability to apply knowledge of workflows to implement a system that meets business needs\. + Ability to provide excellent service to both internal and external customers\. + Ability to identify problem situations and consider all perspectives in terms of scope and consequences\. + Ability to effectively facilitate interdisciplinary teams as assigned\. + Ability to work independently, handle significant responsibility, and prioritize multiple assignments\. + Ability to attend to detail required\.*
* Interpersonal Skills:
* + Ability to demonstrate flexibility, creativity, curiosity, and assertiveness\. + Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills\. + Demonstrates creativity, integrity, and initiative\. + Ability to communicate effectively with others using a variety of modes and in a complex and varied work environment\. + Ability to promote the effectiveness of the team as both team leader and team member\. + Ability to help the organization fulfill its mission and achieve its strategic objective by using critical thinking and problem solving\.*
* Required Qualifications:
* + Bachelor's Degree, Experience may substitute for minimum education requirement + 2\-5 years healthcare experience in a technical, clinical or revenue cycle operations role + Certification in relevant Epic module is required for consideration\.*
* Preferred Education & Experience:
* + Bachelor's Degree + 2\-5 years of healthcare Information Technology experience + Healthcare experience in other acute care settings preferred as well\. Previous experience in the design, planning and implementation of clinical information systems preferred\. _About City of Hope_ City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .