Director, Content Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # Director, Content Management Department:
Public Affairs - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID
* Job Title:
* Director, Content Management*
* Position Summary:
* The Director, Content Management oversees all strategic editorial content production across multiple platforms and formats to drive audience engagement, patient volume, donor support, physician referrals and retention/loyalty\. This individual has an integrated marketing and content marketing mindset and serves as the resident expert in all things related to content planning, creation, editing and dissemination, as well as channel optimization\.The director uses a variety of digital and print media tools, channels and platforms to promote information and content and to maximize engagement with audiences\. Other responsibilities include creation and maintenance of the City of Hope content calendar, a content library, a database of facts and messaging and, ultimately, support of the development of a digital asset management system\.The position collaborates with departments throughout the institution to identify and generate relevant, timely and accurate content\. The director works collaboratively within the integrated Marketing & Communications team to support adaptation of content for marketing channels and to enable content marketing effectiveness\. The primary role of director is to be proactive and think strategically in leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to engage audiences and build understanding of the impact of City of Hope in saving lives\. This work involves developing a liaison function that connects Marketing & Communications, philanthropy, Beckman Research Institute, the Medical Foundation and National Medical Center to enable enhanced planning and measurement of impact for initiatives of the team\.*
* Key Responsibilities include
+ Develops and executes content strategy and process to support communications and marketing goals by formalizing content hub system and the processes necessary for maximum dissemination of content\. Creates and enforces standards, systems and best practices \(both human and technological\) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real\-time implementation of content strategies\. Works with technical team to implement appropriate Digital Asset Management system\. + Develops content around themes/topics informed by goals of internal stakeholders - marketing, government affairs, payor relations, philanthropy, etc\. \-\- to create and deepen engagement with institution's key audiences, such as potential patients, referring physicians, research collaborators, donors and internal\. Works with writers and content team to conceptualize, assign, edit and otherwise refine content to maximize impact and engagement\. + Develops and maintains library of facts, statistics, messaging and news about City of Hope, ensuring that all information is constantly up\-to\-date, correct and adequately sourced\. + Develops and maintains a functional content calendar, reflecting marketing and communications functions to reflect respective audiences + Ensures all content is on\-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in\-person\. + Writes and edits content as needed\. + Conducts ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness\. Gathering data and handle analytics \(and/or supervise those who do\) and make recommendations based on those results\. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals\. + Manages and monitors budgets for assigned projects\. + Demonstrates expertise with digital communications and applies best practices + Ensures effective flow of information and feedback to sustain high quality of content across varied channels; keeps all content projects on deadline; ensures accuracy and timeliness of content\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* + Bachelor's degree\. + 7\-10 years of communications and content management experience, including 2\-4 years in a supervisory/managerial capacity\. + Experience in designing, implementing, reporting and analyzing content communication strategies\. + Proficient in MS Office Suite + Adherence to AP Style + Skilled in writing and capable of news and feature writing\. + Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with writers\.*
* Preferred Education and Skills:
* + Master's Degree + All Communications disciplines, including writing, editing, messaging and positioning\.*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. \
* LI\-DB1 .