Engineering Technician C
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEngineering Technician CJob ID:
Harris is looking for an Engineering Technician for a position in Diego Garcia. This position will be responsible for effective provisioning,Job Description:* Responsible for conducting operations and sustaining the operability of communications-electronics equipment located at an Air Force Satellite Control Network Remote Tracking Station.
* Performs operations, PMIs, and maintenance of assigned RF and telecommunications equipment.
* Perform work center operations and maintenance documentation, supply and logistics activities as required.
* This position is an unaccompanied assignment.
* Frequently stoop/bend to enter an antenna door space 2ft x 2ft. Regularly work on a ladder assembly and climb to a height of 60 feet.
* Regularly lift 50lbs to waist level unassisted; occasionally individual lifting in excess of the 50lbs is required as part of a two person lift for larger items. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be used.
* Ability to obtain certifications on all required operations, maintenance and PMI duties.
* Other tasks as assigned. Qualifications:* High School diploma, 6+ years experience,and graduation from a military or civilian technical electronic school or equivalent.
* 4 years experience in the operation and maintenance of radar, RF, telemetry or electronic communications systems.
* A DoD 8570 IAT Level 1 (CompTIA A+ or Network+ or similar) certification. Preferred Additional Skills:* Experience working in the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN).* Electronics repair experience and space systems experience preferred.
* Previous experience supporting government and/or Department of Defense customers. This position requires the candidate to already possess an active Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Technician Education High School (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location UK - Chagos - Diego Garcia.