This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Electrical EngineeringJob ID:
Job Title - Electrical Engineering Job Location - Basingstoke, UK Job Code - CS20161508-13540 Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving our customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in more than 125 countries and has approximately $8 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into four business segments:
Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems, Electronic Systems, and Critical Networks. Job Description:The Engineering Team based in Basingstoke is responsible for the through-life support of in-service tactical radio products and the research and development of technologies for future generation products and systems. The Engineering Team comprises system, software, hardware and mechanical engineering disciplines. This job is for an electrical/electronic engineer who can contribute to the full life-cycle of tactical radio products from research and development through to the sustainment of in-service products. The successful candidate will have a background in the design of embedded electronic systems (including microprocessor and RF sub-systems) with an ability to understand the wider system context. Duties include:* Maintenance of the electronic hardware design for a range of tactical communication products;
* Fault finding and failure investigation;
* Resolution of component obsolescence issues through direct replacement or circuit re-design;
* Liaison with manufacturing and suppliers for design engineering activities;
* Design, build and test of bespoke low volume prototypes to support research and development activities. Depending on the skill, background and career aspirations of the successful candidate there are also opportunities within the engineering team for involvement in systems engineering, test engineering and other related engineering disciplines. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Qualifications:* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an electrical / electronic engineering related discipline
* At least three years relevant engineering experience
* This position requires the candidate to currently hold or be able to obtain a UK security clearance (SC) Preferred Additional Skills:* Experience of digital, analogue and RF circuit design and analysis
* Knowledge of VHDL and FPGA design
* Computer literate (with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and other desktop applications)
* Experience of schematic capture tools (e.g. Cadence, OrCAD)
* Hands on experience with electronic test equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, logic analysers)
* Knowledge of real-time systems, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and related technologies
* Knowledge of MATLAB and other engineering design tools
* Knowledge of military RF communications systems, Software Defined Radio (SDR) and RF modulation
* Understanding of the design lifecycle including requirements, design methodologies and configuration management
* Experience of working with system and software engineers on real-time embedded systemsJob Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Electrical Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location UK - Hampshire - Basingstoke .