Implementation Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Implementation Systems EngineerJob ID:
Job Title - Implementation Systems Engineer Job Location - Australia-New South Wales-Sydney Job Code - CS20161508-13572 Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving our customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in more than 125 countries and has approximately $8 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into four business segments:
Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems, Electronic Systems, and Critical Networks. Job Description:
The Harris Implementation Systems Engineer (ISE) is a customer facing position to support the design, implementation, testing and managed services of Land Mobile Radio wireless communications systems for Public Safety, Public Sector, Transportation and Utility Customers. The Implementation Systems Engineer performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include:
concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, managed service and disposal. This position ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems and subsystem solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints. This position performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software implementation at the various sites. Must have Design and field service experience in Land Mobile Radio Systems. Must have excellent communications skills and the ability to communicate with government and public safety customers in demanding environments. Must have a working knowledge in Analog, Harris EDACS/Project 25, DMR Land Mobile Communications, Long Term Evolution, Fiber Optics, Microwave and RF Coverage Analysis and verification. Design and implement complex radio systems that satisfy specific requirements. Systems involve Harris, Ericsson and vendor equipment, and typically include IP networks, microwave links, wireless data, RF antenna subsystems, dispatch and/or other custom design peripheral subsystems. Provide Systems Engineering support after contract award, including:
final design and equipment selection, implementation and as-built documentation, factory and on-site installation support and system optimization. Participate in discussions with customers, consultants, vendors and other Harris personnel as necessary to advance projects. Occasional development of new radio system business proposals may be required which would include the development of proposal text, drawings and material content that effectively describes the system and special equipment being offered and/or maintained. Expect to travel 40% of the time. Qualifications:* Diploma of Technology in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, BSEE, BSCE or similar technical degree with 10+ years technical experience in Land Mobile Radio and telecommunications or 10+ years of performing similar duties and certification in the Australian/New Zealand industry Preferred Additional Skills:* Strong communication skills, verbal and written (English)
* Strong presentationskills. Should possess excellent interpersonal skills and have demonstrated the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group
* Able to work within a cross-functional, geographically dispersed team environment to complete contractual commitments* Accommodate multiple projects
* Experience in two-way radio systems, microwave systems, broadband LTE or wireless data systems
* Experience in design of IP networks, Network Security, Computer Aided Dispatch, Application/Software Development, Network Management, RF antenna systems, and In-building wireless systems are desired
* Knowledge in maintaining SMARTNET, SmartZone or ASTRO 25 systems and training certifications
* Proven skills and behaviours implementing LMR system designs in response to customer specific requirements
* Excellent technical and interpersonal skills for customer interaction while in person or written communications Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location OCONUS - Outside Continental United States - ALL .