Operations Mgmt Spvr
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Operations Mgmt SpvrJob ID:
Harris is looking for an Operations Management Supervisor for a position in UK-Chagos-Diego Garcia. This position will oversee the maintenance activities at an Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) Remote Tracking Station (RTS); a 24x7 work force of operations and maintenance (O&M) technicians working with RF, digital telecommunications, encryption and networking systems. Attend O&M meetings as required. Job Description:* Responsible for all operational activities at the RGF, and other duties as assigned by the SM.
* Responsible to review site's Mission Impact Reports (MIRs) via Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) at the beginning duty day (Or more often as required). Ensure outages were opened for marginal/lost/failed supports attributed to site equipment. This is required for any failures, intermittent faults, or resets (hard or soft) requested by the SOC and/or MC.
* Coordinate with appropriate agency on all applicable MIRs, assisting with justification when the MIR is not attributable to site equipment fault. Address any extenuating circumstances that exist ensuring proper documentation (detailed sequence of events) is included in Electronic Scheduling Dissemination (ESD), RTS Online Activity Database System (ROADS), and Integrated Maintenance Data System (IMDS).
* Review and update ESD daily ensuring detailed entries were made documenting site outages and any other activities affecting the site that impact operations.
* Ensure ESD, IMDS, ROADS, and all other databases properly reflect the correct data, and all data amongst the databases for a given issue are the same.
* Review and update ROADS daily making sure a clear picture of all O&M and other applicable site activities are documented clearly, concisely and detailed enough for outside entities reading the information to understand what occurred. Ensure that entries are made as soon as possible after the event occurrence whether the event is a support or some other activity at the site.
* Ensure outages are opened immediately for intermittent problems, equipment resets, and allow a suitable monitoring period. Update outage indicating problem is intermittent and if cleared before isolation, state that. Follow guidance in NSOM OP 21-12, AFSCN Outage Reporting.
* Maintain liaison with the COS and maintenance personnel to ensure proper O&M support especially during outage troubleshooting and to keep ESD, ROADS and IMDS updated with current information.
* Create shift schedules to cover the 24X7 operations requirements, and ensure all schedules provide trained and certified/qualified personnel to cover all tasks and ensure that all RGF personnel are trained and certified in accordance with NSOM OI 36-01 and established policies and procedures.
* Ensure all personnel comply with directions regarding timely,accurate and detailed documentation in ESD, ROADS and IMDS.
* Review and comment on 'minor modifications' to systems'software, hardware and technical processes proposed by depot maintenance.Review the plans for these modifications, and verify they are within technical capabilities of the team. Verify the documentation, tools and equipment necessary to execute the modification is available for the O&M technicians. Report findings to the site team, and share information with the entire NSOM program through correspondence and at meetings.* Identify the need for processes and process improvements to operations activities. Develop and review operations related instructions, procedures and policies for accuracy, relevance and completeness. Oversee the use of these processes; updating them to employ more efficient and effective use of time and resources.* Ensure all software required for site operations are downloaded from applicable databases and back-up copies of existing software is maintained for fall back requirements,
* Verify personnel comply with contractor conduct and training requirements. Verify personnel are trained to participate in all 50 SW or higher exercises. Coordinate personnel schedules to complete maintenance training activities and qualification of maintenance certifications for the Station Manager and Chief of Operations. Qualifications:* High school diploma and 6-8 years experience (2-4 years with an Associate's degree) in communications/electronics operation and maintenance support.
* 6 years experience in operations and maintenance of communications and electronics equipment.
* 6 years experience associated with the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) Remote Tracking Stations (RTS).
* Ability to obtain certifications on all required operational and PMI duties.
* Security + certification is required if performing operations and maintenance tasks.Preferred Additional Skills:* Some electronics repair experience and space systems experience preferred. This position requires the candidate to already possess an active Top Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Operations Education High School (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location UK - Chagos - Diego Garcia.