This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTax ManagerJob ID:
Tax Manager REQ ID:
Melbourne, Florida Job Description:To serve as the accounting liaison responsible for managing the local country accountant relationships for all financial reporting requirements (accounting and tax) and communicating results to corporate finance group. Job Duties:* To serve as the liaison between local accounting providers, the APAC offices, and the US corporate headquarters
* To ensure local accountants are calculating and booking monthly tax provisions and making estimated payments appropriately for APAC entities. Involves advising and working directly with CHQ tax, third party accounting firms and APAC accounting staff to understand the basis of the calculations
* To liaise with external third party accountants to ensure all statutory financial requirements, local country audits and local tax returns for each country are timely completed. Position will involve furnishing any necessary book information to assist the local advisors with the completion of such requirements
* To develop an understanding and maintain an inventory of the various US GAAP to local country GAAP and Local country GAAP to Local country tax adjustments and report balances to corporate tax department
* To serve as a liaison with US CHQ finance and tax departments keeping them abreast of APAC entity developments, furnishing all required accounting reporting information, including maintaining copies of any audited financials, local tax returns and tax payment receipts in web database
* To ensure the quarter close accounting package requirements for corporate tax are timely and accurately completed using U.S. FAS 109 principles. Includes maintaining a quarterly reconciliation of all tax accrual accounts and verifying all accounting entries made to accruals are correct
* Owner of Indirect Tax areas. To be able to research and answer all queries with authority relating to APAC wide income and VAT, GST and misc. taxes
* To work with local advisors to prepare reconciliations of all APAC filed tax returns to the annual tax provisions and determine proper accounting entries to true-up tax accrual accounts to final balances
* Assisting with monitoring/maintaining the proper intercompany mark-ups and revenues are appropriately booked on a quarterly basis for all legal entities
* To ensure that all working practices comply with Health and Safety legislation
* To deputise for the Senior Tax Manager, Statutory Compliance Manager, Accounting Supervisors & Sub ledger Supervisors where necessary Qualifications:* BA degree in Accounting or Finance with related work experience
* Minimum of 3 years working in corporate taxation
* Minimum of 5 years working in corporate accounting
* Good communicator
* Fast learner
* Ability to manage schedule/maintain multiple project deadlines for various customers
* Sometime spent working in indirect taxes(VAT/sale tax) department
* Knowledge in US accounting conventions(GAAP)
* Ability to travel outside the country when required
* Ability for flexible working schedule when required(dealing with various time zones, deadlines etc)
* Knowledge of foreign currencies
* English foreign language skill(s)
* International accounting experience
* PeopleSoft/computer query skills
* Must be a team player who is detail-oriented, flexible and willing to work in a dynamic environment.
* Good organization, communication, analytical, problem-solving, leadership and customer service skills are required.
* MS Office, Outlook, Word, Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills Preferred Additional Skills:* Background with statutory filings/audited financials(desirable)
* Background with tax return filings(desirable)
* Big 4 public accounting experience with CPA preferred Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Accounting Education None Job Type Full Time Location OCONUS - Outside Continental United States - ALL .