Engineering Technician B
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Engineering Technician BJob ID:
Job Description:* Responsible for conducting operations and sustaining the operability of communications-electronics equipment located at an Air Force Satellite Control Network Remote Tracking Station.
* Trainee must become certified in all operator positions and in completion of Preventive Maintenance Instructions (PMIs).
* Assists the Controller and Operator or Technician personnel in operations, PMIs, and maintenance of assigned equipment.
* This position is an unaccompanied assignment.
* Frequently stoop/bend to enter an antenna door space 2ft x 2ft. Regularly work on a ladder assembly and climb to a height of 60 feet.
* Regularly lift 50lbs to waist level unassisted; occasionally individual lifting in excess of the 50lbs is required as part of a two person lift for larger items. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be used.
* Ability to obtain certifications on all required operational and PMI duties. Qualifications:* Requires a High School diploma, 4+ years experience and graduation from a military or civilian technical electronic school or equivalent.
* 2 years experience in the operation and maintenance of radar, RF, telemetry or electronic communications systems.
* A+ certification is required. Preferred Additional Skills:* Some electronics repair experience and space systems experience preferred.
* Previous experience supporting government and/or Department of Defense customers. This position requires the candidate to already possess an active Top Secret clearance and to maintain the clearance. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Help Desk/Technical Support Education High School (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location OCONUS - Outside Continental United States - ALL .