Managing Engineers, Buildings Technology (3481)
Exponent - Natick, MA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our more than 900 staff members work in 25 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has approximately 600 consultants, including more than 350 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's Buildings & Structures Practice is comprised of architects and engineers with specialized expertise in various aspects of structural engineering and building technology. We have investigated damage to structures following major earthquakes and hurricanes, performance problems and collapses of bridges, tunnels, construction cranes, specialized structures, and failures of building facades, materials, and roofing systems.
Exponent's Building Technology consulting services include:
- Building system failures (electrical, exterior walls, fire and safety, interior finishes, mechanical, roofs, structure, waterproofing, and windows)
- System deficiencies (air infiltration, excessive heat loss, excessive movement, vapor transmission, water infiltration)
- Component and material deficiencies (cohesion failure, concrete mix analysis, corrosion, microbiological attack, moisture penetration)
- Building component and material failures (brick, concrete, connections, glazing, mortar, sealants, seams/joints, steel)The Buildings & Structures Practice is currently hiring Managing Engineers (Building Technology) for the following offices:
Menlo Park, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Irvine, CA; Houston, TX; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Warrenville, IL; Atlanta, GA; New York, NY; Boston, MA; Alexandria, VA; and Bowie, MD. Exponent's Building Technology group is looking for established consultants to join the team. Specific areas of expertise should include building systems for residential and commercial construction with particular emphasis on the investigation of water intrusion through the building envelope, facade systems and code compliance.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Marketing traditional Exponent clients and new clients
- Successfully executing projects
- Continuing professional development
- Recruiting, hiring and retaining highly qualified talentQualifications for this position include:
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years experience
- Professional Engineering license
- An outstanding professional reputation with an existing client base
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support multiple group projects