Intern, Communications Public Affairs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/9/2013
END DATE 6/4/2013
Seneca Resources Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSeneca Resources Corporation, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG), is currently seeking an Intern, Communications/Public Affairs at its East Division office in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Intern, Communications/Public Affairs will assist in planning, designing and implementing of public relations and public affairs programs that create and maintain a favorable public image for Seneca Resources Corporation.
Essential functions will include:
• Research, write and edit various communications material, including briefing and background information for internal and external use, communication plans and collateral products, articles for publication and news releases.
• Assist in developing newsletter content.
• Monitor incidents, issues and situations that may lead to adverse media exposure.
• Identify and develop opportunities for proactive outreach to the news media, linking organizational goals and priorities.
• Participate in the collection and analysis of news coverage to measure and communicate the results of coverage and plan for future communication needs.
• Review and assist in development of company promotion materials, such as white papers.
• Serve as support to Public Affairs lead on various projects as necessary.
• May engage in story pitching and public affairs outreach.
• Occasional travel and the flexibility to work weekends and evenings may be required.
This position requires enrollment in a Bachelor or Master Degree program with an emphasis in Communications, Journalism, English, Public Relations, Political Science or Writing with completion of sophomore year. Graduating seniors are preferred. Additional requirements include:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on journalistic writing and editing.
• Strong working knowledge of the news media and its various elements (print, broadcast, social, digital, Internet-based).
• Ability to think creatively to solve an issue or take advantage of an opportunity.
• Ability to maintain high productivity while balancing competing priorities and deadlines.
• Highly organized and solution-oriented.
• Ability to work effectively with leadership at various organizational levels.
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity, minimal supervision and display independent initiative and enterprise.
• Ability to work May through August – preferred.
Employees that have been in their current position for two (2) years are eligible to apply.
Candidates responding to this ad must refer to the job title, Intern, Communications/Public Affairs or Job ID #13-27PA in their correspondence. For confidential consideration, please send your resume, cover letter and employment references by May 23, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Seneca Resources Corporation
Intern, Communications/Public Affairs
1201 Louisiana, Suite 400
Houston, TX 77002
SENECA RESOURCES CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.