HR Analyst 5/22/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon Is Looking For A Senior HR Specialist
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Human Resources team in Chicago, IL.
Your Impact As A Senior HR Specialist
The HR Specialist works in close partnership with the global HR team to provide human resources administration services for our Global Retirement Solutions business. The HR Senior Specialist will work closely with the global HR team supporting Retirement Solutions, including the Global Head of HR for Retirement Solutions.
* Provides meaningful materials to HR Advisors to support his/her teams in various areas, including on-boarding, performance management, manager trainings, Org Structure projects, and any other ad-hoc projects as requested.
* Manages online tools to support HR initiatives, such as inputting and pulling reports for talent review, publishing relevant content on internal sites, and managing rosters.
* Provides projects management for specialty projects in the following areas: Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Benefits, M&A Support and HR Operations
* Responds to HR issues and problems in designated business unit or region and administers HR policies and programs as appropriate.
* Partners closely with our talent development and HR team on the execution of key elements to the HR calendar (performance cycle, annual engagement survey, executive succession planning)
* Provides support and guidance to management and employees on employee transactions.
* Monitors and assists with employee recognition programs.
* Processes required transactions and HR- initiated data changes.
* Possesses deep understanding of HR data and organizational structure to support the management of our HR data and Workday structure.
* Attends and contributes to regularly scheduled meetings and team building activities. Manages the agenda for the Global HR team meetings.
* Assists in communication and training materials, event planning, ongoing talent initiatives, and the performance management process.
* Reviews employment practices to ensure compliance with internal policies/procedures and external laws/regulations.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Bachelor s degree required.
* 2-3 years in Human Resources (experience in analytics, compensation, and talent development) preferred.
* Strong proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and SharePoint.
* Workday experience preferred
* A working knowledge of effective general business management practices is desirable.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels on the organization
* Must be able to manipulate large amounts of data, formulate data into easy to read formats and be comfortable telling a story with that data
* Must have demonstrated strategic and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to work with limited direction, extremely proactive, highly driven and self- directed
* Must be a team player.
* Adaptability quick learner
* Desire to learn and display Aon s values including acting with integrity and displaying a client, colleague and community commitment.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.