Project Management Specialist 3 PMD2P3 5/22/2018
Hood River, OR
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
Insitu, a non-fully integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is an integrated information and technology company, pioneering in the design, development, production, and operation of high-performance, cost-effective unmanned aircraft systems. We exist to pioneer and innovate products and services that positively impact people s lives and change the course of history. To reach our full potential as a business, we imagine and create much more than products with wings. On a daily basis, our Vision and Mission guide us, while our cultural pillars Pioneer | Perform | Unite | Care inform our decisions in all that we do, and aspire to do. Job Description
Creates project plans and manages the operational aspects of ongoing or routine projects to completion. Develops and administers work breakdown structure (WBS) of projects. Implements mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem-solving with other project managers, line managers, and customers. Monitors project milestones and deliverables. Assesses project performance, issues, risks and scope; develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives. Reviews status of projects and budgets and manages to schedule. Collects, analyzes, and summarizes information and trends and prepares project status reports. Establishes and executes project communication plans. Coordinates activities of project personnel. Submits project deliverables.
* Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices.
* Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
* Work is performed under general direction. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
* Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
* Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Ability to collect, organize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
* Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
* Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifies one's own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
* Sets up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
* Ability to use tools and applications in costing and sizing of small to large size projects.
* Ability to support, lead and delegate the project team's responsibilities and tasks through all stages of the project life cycle.
* The ability to achieve desired outcomes on projects, on-time and within budget. Ability to define the project, design and plan the project, and manage the project team. Ability to control and deliver project deliverables, project accounting and appraisal, and optimize the contribution of the people involved.
* Knowledge of Project Management theory, concepts and principles (e.g., theory of constraints, critical path methodology, project risk management, triple constraints, project scope management, project management lifecycle etc.).
* Knowledge of project planning principles and techniques to achieve desired outcomes on budget and on plan. Ability to define, design and plan projects, achieve project deliverables, and optimize the contributions of internal and external resources.
* Ability to create project schedules to identify overall timeframe for project activities to meet the defined project objectives (to include major milestones), identify resource requirements for projects, and manage those resources throughout the project life cycle.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
6-9 years with Bachelor's degree or 4-7 years with Master's degree Additional Information
Insitu is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans..
Additional Benefits9/80 work week (we close every other Friday)
Vancouver-->Bingen-->Hood River wifi enabled commuter bus
Dog friendly workplace -->