Sr Systems Engineer - DE 5/24/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Systems Engineers are responsible for the health and maintenance of all internal systems and multi-tenant infrastructure on the network at all locations, and for recognizing and taking ownership of systems issues. Their responsibilities will include the administration and support of all internal servers, storage arrays, cloud nodes, and backup servers. They will also be a technical point of escalation in the event the Solutions team is not able to resolve the problem. Senior Systems Engineers are responsible for the successful implementation, operation and support of new product offerings, identifying critical patch deployments, and researching, testing and deploying new technologies.
Senior Systems Engineers will regularly take part in various operations oriented improvement or enhancement projects. Senior Systems Engineers are responsible for creating and executing work plans for escalated events requiring their assistance and ensuring that issues are resolved as quickly as possible. They are responsible for identifying trends, chronic problems, risks and root cause analysis as well as establishing plans for resolution of these issues. The Senior Systems Engineers are the owners of all internal systems including but not limited to Active Directory, two-factor authentication, outgoing mail exchange cluster and Hosting web/database servers, cloud nodes, storage arrays, ntirety environment and backup servers.
Though not required, a Senior Systems Engineer should be able to understand the basics of programming and be able to automate tasks using scripting or any of the server automation platforms that is in common use.
Senior Systems Engineers are also responsible for the administration and upkeep of packages in the automated deployment portal. In addition, Systems Engineers will be asked to provide Sales & Solution Architecture with pre-sales assistance and research on complex builds as well as handle escalated technical issues from the Solutions team.
* Be technical point of contact during escalated multi-tenant infrastructure events
* Review internal and multi-tenant environments to identify any performance and availability risks; communicate identified risks internally; develop risk mitigation plans
* Train Solutions team to be able to assist with day to day tasks.
* Attend weekly meetings for escalations, CAB and IRB; provide input and take actions as required to ensure highest levels of service availability and performance for our customer base.
* Continuously develop industry knowledge and learn new technologies to stay current.
* Be held accountable for maintaining ITIL and similar compliance processes
* Follow and enforce our standard, documented Change Management Policy, Procedures and Checklists.
* Work on internal projects and tasks as required.
* Handle Escalated customer facing issues as needed
* Take part in Operational & Strategic Projects
* Maintain Automated Provisioning System
* Documentation of processes and procedures
* Documentation of new and existing solutions and special configurations
* Work with third party vendors
* On Call rotation for relevant system issues
* Must deliver an exceptional customer experience every day
* Other tasks as assigned
* Minimum 5 years' experience in related field
* Must have excellent functional knowledge of Windows, Linux, Netapp, VMWare, Commvault, R1Soft, and Pure.
* Ability to learn and communicate technical information
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Hosting.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, covered veteran status and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.