Catering Coordinator 5/24/2018
Hotel Nikko San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Hotel Nikko San Francisco, voted a Best Place to Work by San Francisco Business Times, is a luxury property located just off Union Square with 532 guest rooms and suites and 20,000 square feet of meeting and banquet room space. We are recruiting for a non-exempt Full-Time Catering Coordinator to assist the Catering and Conference Services Team in meeting and/or exceeding revenue goals.
Administrative tasks include: data entry, filing, answering phones, proofreading, copying and distributing documents, maintaining client lists, preparing contracts and appropriate letters to clients, producing weekly and monthly reports and organizing office supplies.
* Respond to client calls and special requests and obtain final details, dates, times and meeting room requirements. Regularly follow-up with clients and maintain accurate and updated information.
* Perform administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc. Collect data, update data-bases, and complete departmental monthly reports.
* Resolve requests and/or complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied clients.
* Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate details with other departments such as VIP amenities, special requests, or other service needs or special handling.
* May coordinate outside vendor services needs (floral displays, audio/visual, etc.) where appropriate. Regularly follow-up to ensure set-up requirements meet client needs.
* Perform other duties as assigned (special guest requests, maintaining calendars, answering phones and routing to appropriate sales staff, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
Requirements & Qualifications:
* A minimum of two years administrative experience is required.
* Experience in the hospitality industry and Catering/Sales Coordinator experience is preferred.
* Experience in Delphi, Opera & Passkey highly desirable.
* Must be very proficient in MS Word, Excel and Power Point. Adobe Photoshop a plus!
* Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational, time management skills.
* All candidates must be fluent in verbal and written English.
* Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests.
* Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
* Basic math skills are used frequently.
* May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
* This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
We offer an excellent benefits package to include; medical, dental, vision, PTO, sick, holidays, discounted dry-cleaning, Friends and Family discounts at Nikko hotels and reciprocity rates at participating hotels.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Hotel Nikko San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer: M/F/Vet/Disabled.