Project Superintendent 5/24/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
We are seeking a Project Superintendent in Tucson, AZ, who serves as primary contact for field activities. Monitor costs, schedule (update yellow brick), and sub meetings. Coordinate subcontractors, resolve subcontractor conflicts, and represent company at owner's meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Study specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of start and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
* Confer with the Estimating Department during the preparation of estimates regarding methods, systems, schedule, time and general conditions.
* Assign and monitor members of project team to various tasks at start and throughout all phases of project.
* Order procurement of services and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to project schedules.
* Confer with and direct supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
* Confer with management team and corporate services to address employee concerns, and maintain a positive and motivated workforce.
* Maintain quality and safety training and conformance standards throughout all elements of the project.
* Coordinate supervisory, engineering, inspectors and suppliers to resolve any problems with materials or methods.
* Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
* Prepare and review reports on progress, materials and costs, and adjust work schedules as indicated by reports.
* Monitor all field accounting functions for accuracy and compliance with procedures.
* Participate in seminars, work programs, or industry related functions that complement or are pertinent to improvements in areas of field supervision.
* Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with owner, architects, consulting engineers and other parties related to the project.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Ideal candidate will have in-depth Healthcare construction experience. Knowledge of all elements of commercial construction and understanding of skilled trades. Adept at math, analytical, accounting and computer skills. Verbal and written communication skills are required to make management presentations, train and coordinate project team, prepare and present progress and financial reports, and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and company management.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in Construction Management or Construction Engineering, plus ten years of construction experience.
Field and/or office environment, with daily construction site touring through all phases, requiring strenuous walking and wearing personal protective equipment.
Visual and manual dexterity for computer work. Able to work in hot and cold outdoor temperatures and jobsite conditions. Frequent climbing, use of ladders and lifts, and walking through work sites during various stages of construction.
PLEASE PROVIDE A PROJECT LIST
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..