Chief Digital Officer, Americas 5/24/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Who we are:
LANXESS is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of EUR 7.7 billion in 2016 and about 19,200 employees in 25 countries. The company is currently represented at 75 production sites worldwide. The core business of LANXESS is the development, manufacturing and marketing of chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals and plastics. Through ARLANXEO, the joint venture with Saudi Aramco, LANXESS is also a leading supplier of synthetic rubber. LANXESS is listed in the leading sustainability indices Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI World) and FTSE4Good.
In the United States, LANXESS employs approximately 2,150 people at 23 locations in 12 states.
What we can offer you:
LANXESS is a young company with strong roots! We derive our strength from global presence, management excellence and most importantly our people! Our employees are the pillars of our success.
We offer exciting career opportunities regionally as well as internationally, educational assistance programs, competitive pay and benefits, language training programs, and many other personal and professional development programs that are a part of our vision and values that drive our ongoing success.
As the Chief Digital Officer, Americas you will:
Be responsible for driving digitalization initiatives in the Americas region for LANXESS and leading/supporting the required change or training to make the transformation sustainable.
* Building up and leading the LANXESS dLX Organization in the Americas
* Hiring/Recruiting dLX Team members for the Americas region in strong alignment with the dLX Global Team
* Also serving as the Head of dLX-DPC "Digital Process Design and Communication" for the region
* Motivating the LANXESS Americas organization to adopt new tools and processes to achieve desired digital goals and objectives and work jointly with the dLX Global Team
* Making LANXESS Americas an attractive employer of choice for digital talent
* Execute multi-faceted partner strategies to learn and exploit new digital technologies that include, but are not limited, to universities, case competitions, consultant insights, business partner ventures with leading digital technology corporations, global intra company projects, and intercompany regional experiments and trials
* Develop and sustain networks, partnerships and campus relationships that ensure LANXESS is attune to current and forthcoming digital technological advances, foster corporate partner relations with those organizations who have best in class or world class status in Digital engineering/technology, and to become notably branded among top tier schools who specialize in graduating or offering internships/co-ops to students who demonstrate superior innovative digital skills that enables LANXESS to be dominant in the global space of Digital technology.
In order to accomplish this you will require:
* Bachelor in Science / Technology + Master in Business administration or similar education.
* At least 10 + years of proven leadership experience is required.
* Project Management and International business experience is preferred.
Other skills include:
* Strong People Management skills,
* Prior experience with managing digital systems/participant in technology upgrade teams,
* Experience in managing business operations/organizational diversity, Safety, Lean Manufacturing,
* Statistical Process Control,
* Public speaking,
* External Media experience,
* Strong networker, credible, proven relationships with corporate partners/consultants, universities,
* Exceptional Negotiation skills,
* Experience with process optimization,
* Self-starter, accountable, loyal, trustworthy, courageous, charismatic, adaptable,
* Knowledge of chemical industry and/or manufacturing, teachable, a change agent, and open for learning new Technologies.
Must include a resume.
LANXESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.