NE Exercise Designer All Source Analyst Intelligence 5/24/2018
Obsidian Solutions Group
Newport News, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NE Exercise Designer All Source Analyst Intelligence
Primary Location: Newport News, VA, US
Must be a U.S Citizen
Security Clearance: Top Secret with the ability to obtain a SCI
The Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) mission is to provide standardized advanced training and certification to Ground Combat Element (GCE) Operations Officers, Operations Chiefs, and select other GCE training specialists in GCE operations, combined arms planning and integration, and unit readiness planning at the company, battalion, and regiment levels to support GCE Training and Readiness (T&R) events.
The NE Exercise Designer All Source Analyst Intelligence will provide Multi-Discipline Intelligence/General Military Intelligence/All-Source Intelligence Analysis of threat Networks and other asymmetric threats. The candidate will apply an in-depth understanding of service Intelligence processes, procedures and capabilities as well as knowledge of how threat/asymmetric networks operate. Will prepare threat and network analysis/assessments of prospective deployment locations for pre-deploying forces. The candidate will ensure the inclusion of the most current processes, computer-based tools, and NE methodologies in exercise support efforts. In accordance with direction from the Exercise Designer Management and Analysis, craft storylines and threads which create realistic adversaries for units undergoing training to respond.
* Apply knowledge of intelligence, threat analysis and forecasting tools, applications, and methodologies to identify adversarial intent, capabilities, vulnerabilities, and potential threat courses of action.
* Remain informed of political-military developments in theater and maintains liaison with other agencies in order to identify intelligence gaps and initiate the required data collection to conduct holistic threat assessments.
* Analyze threat network activities, composition and TTP s, geospatial distribution of events, indications and warnings of attacks, and information operations.
* Conduct information retrieval, knowledge consolidation, analysis, and development of assessments of facts, threat intents, cultural behavioral norms, knowledge and implications of the operational environment, and adversarial involvement in that environment.
* Provide proactive insight into anticipated enemy reactions to friendly current, future operations and provides insights into second and third order effects of operational planning.
* Develop geographically correct and reality-based threat network storylines, threads and injects to facilitate NE operations for inclusion into Master Scenarios Events List (MSEL) during Mission Rehearsal Exercises.
* Provide analysis, assessments, and recommendations to MCTOG in planning and executing exercise design, development, and support functions.
* Support the development and implementation of Service level training to support deploying battle staffs in the conduct of effective NE operations.
* Coordinate with the Joint and interagency community for replication of organic and nonorganic enabler support for Service level exercises.
* Provide direction on the development of geographically specific and reality based IED threat network scenarios, threads, and injects to achieve desired learning objectives
* Review post-deployment After Action Reviews (AAR) and debriefs to gather and analyze Marine Corps Lessons Learned (MCLL) to improve quality of training.
Knowledge and Skills
* Must be fully knowledgeable in NE theories and methods; C-IED enablers; COIC capabilities, methodologies, processes and products; and the JIEDDO and TECOM Training Enterprise.
* Must possess an in-depth understanding of how U.S. forces conduct irregular warfare and how insurgent threat networks operate.
* Must possess an in-depth understanding of how various mission rehearsal exercises can provide realistic training that enables Marines to rehearse how to neutralize threat networks and other asymmetric threats.
* Must have knowledge of Joint and USMC targeting processes.
* Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Must possess self-motivation and a high level of discretion to work effectively under a minimum level of supervision.
* Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and have a strong attention for detail.
Experience and Education
* Bachelor s degree is preferred and 10 years of military experience is preferred within a specific intelligence discipline (HUMINT, SIGINT) or supervising Multi-INT personnel analyzing IED, insurgent, asymmetric threat networks. A combination of education and experience to achieve required abilities is considered critical for the successful performance in this position.
* Must have proven experience in senior leadership positions in the military, preferably with the USMC.
* One or more deployments to expeditionary or contingency operations is preferred. Deployments to OIF/OEF is preferred.
* Service on senior military staff and experience conducting Joint and Marine Corps Planning Processes is preferred.
* Experience with Interagency and other governmental entities to include elements of Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDDO) is preferred. Experience with Joint Exercise community is a plus.
* Microsoft Office proficient with a minimum of one year of experience using ArcGIS (v9.x), Analyst s Notebook (v6, 7, or 8).
* Familiarity with Pathfinder, CIDNE, or other data mining applications preferred.
* Experience using Microsoft Excel for rudimentary statistical analysis and manipulation of data for shape files and .csv files.
* Experience conducting advanced network analysis preferred.
* Experience with operations centers, planning cells and operational planning teams desired.
* A combination of education and experience that produces the required skills is considerable.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Garrison work environment including but not limited to:
* occasional field/tactical environments
* occasional extended working hours will be required
* May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance.
* Domestic travel (up to 30%) may be required for training and program coordination.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.