Construction Observer (Temporary 3 12 Months) 5/25/2018
Foth & Van Dyke
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Foth, every solution starts with you.
Founded in 1938 in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Foth offers a tradi tion of personalized, client-centered service and smart solutions to a variety of government, industrial and commercial clients.
Our more than 600 employee members deliver technical excellence to our clients in three main areas: Infrastructure, Environment, and Production Solutions. Internally, our members in Foth Shared Services provide support to all Foth companies in the areas of Finance & Accounting, Information Technology, Operations, and Organizational Development.
FOTH INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented CONSTRUCTION OBSERVER (TEMPORARY 3 12 MONTHS) who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients success. This position will be working at client locations in the Midwest.
* Provide construction observation and documentation services for various construction projects
* Understand, interpret and apply drawings, regulations, codes and construction specifications
* Verify construction compliance with engineering contracts, specifications, regulations, codes and designs, including current ASTM standards
* Follow and complete construction administration duties as defined in the contract documents
* Review contractor pay requests and change orders
* Monitor and document material delivery, storage and installation
* Complete field measurements and estimate installed quantities
* Coordinate testing of materials, including sample collection
* Conduct field testing of installed materials (nuclear density testing of soils)
* Coordinate project-specific scheduling of Foth and/or contracted services including surveying, testing, and utility installation
* Communicate effectively with contractors, customers, regulators and engineers regarding project scope, timelines and related project information
ALL FOTH MEMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO:
* Travel as required, including extended stay (domestic and/or international) for field work and/or other client/business objectives
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with Foth Basic Principles and Values
* Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
* Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
* Maintain a positive attitude
* Interact with clients as required
* High School Diploma
* 2+ years experience in construction observation for projects greater than $50,000
* Previous experience documenting construction
* Previous experience with the application of engineering documents to construction projects
* Understanding of construction contracting requirements
* Associates Degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management
* 5+ years experience in construction documentation and observation
* Previous experience with the following:
* Construction software
* Consulting and survey of construction sites
* Nuclear density gauge
* EJCDC contract documents
OUR CULTURE IS DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:
VALUES-BASED: Our One Foth culture is grounded in and reflects our values.
CLIENT-CENTERED: We show our clients by our actions that we care as much about their needs as they do.
MEMBER-OWNED: We have always been member-owned and we expect to always be
INFLUENTIAL: Leadership is established through a member s ability to influence and create followship with other members.
INCLUSIVE: We think and behave inclusively. We are stronger together.
CONTINUOUSLY LEARNING: We invest in our members growth through professional career development.
INNOVATIVE: We are entrepreneurial and innovative in what we do and in how we get it done.
CARING: We genuinely care for our clients, our members, and our communities.
RELATIONSHIP-BUILDING: We show our commitment to building and maintaining world-class relationships.
COLLABORATIVE: We collaborate effectively. We celebrate our achievements as a team!
RESULTS-FOCUSED: Our performance-based culture rewards and recognizes extraordinary contributions of teams and individuals.
FLEXIBLE: Foth s culture allows our members to maintain a positive work-life balance while meeting commitments to our clients and team members.
SAFETY-MINDED: We believe that no job is so important and no work is so urgent that we cannot take time to perform our work safely.
QUALITY-ORIENTED: Our members deliver work products that meet or exceed expectations.
TRANSPARENT: We are open and honest with our communications.
PROCESS-DRIVEN: We follow the process or cause it to be changed in a proactive and constructive manner.
STRATEGIC: We are deliberate in how we set direction and make decisions; we think and act with the end in mind.
ETHICAL: We do the right thing at all times.
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.