Reman Technician 5/25/2018
Mining, Rock Excavation and Construction LLC
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description/Job Summary
Are you in for a big challenge, like contributing to the success of starting up a new global company? Epiroc is the company Atlas Copco plans to dividend out in 2018, subject to shareholders' and stock exchange approvals. Epiroc will be a leading global
productivity partner the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. Epiroc stands for innovation, commitment and collaboration, which is the speed to market & industry leadership; the passion to help customers succeed and a close partnership
for deep understanding of the needs. We clearly aim to be our customers first choice.
To facilitate growth of Epiroc s Aftermarket Rebuild business program through a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality rebuild work to all Epiroc mining customers.
This position is responsible for the repairs and complete rebuild of all MRS equipment or components. Includes completion of all relevant paperwork and failure analyses reporting functions. Dedication to continual product improvement by communicating through
the MRS technical service team, relevant managers, and the Product Companies as required or requested. Provide high quality communication, technical support to achieve customer satisfaction.
1. Perform routine, preventive maintenance and repairs or rebuilds in accordance with manufacturer s recommendations.
2. Perform diagnostics on malfunctioning components, determine possible causes of failure, and perform repairs as required.
3. Test and document proper operating parameters, technical specifications and any relevant information required performing and complete component rebuilds to OEM standards.
4. Provide basic tools for job along with normal maintenance of tooling and equipment to ensure they are in good working condition.
5. Provide professional high level of customer service when dealing with customers.
6. Develop rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
7. Train and assist other service technicians.
8. Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal protective equipment at all times.
9. Perform detailed failure analyses on all components you rebuild providing details on, preventing reoccurrence, corrective action and determining the root cause of the failure or problem.
10. Work with parts and services, engineering and suppliers to determine warranty failures.
11. Work professionally and effectively with all coworkers, peers, managers, customers and vendors.
1. Communicate all relevant product, technical service and training activities and work together to sustain the product integrity.
2. Prepare necessary information as requested whether routine or for special occasions.
3. Participate in company planned training as required.
4. Work to understand and utilize information and communication systems and tools, i.e. e-mail, BPCS, Microsoft Office software, etc.
5. Act on behalf of peer group members in their absence as and when called upon to do so either by design or circumstance.
1. A working knowledge of hydraulic systems, powertrain function and related components.
2. Competence with industrial/commercial fluid power and low voltage electrical control systems is an absolute requirement.
1. Required to read, write and comprehend English.
2. A basic level of understanding and competence with computers and associated systems (Lotus Notes, Excel, Word, etc.).
3. Strong mechanical and electrical skills.
4. Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
5. Excellent communication skills with a strong customer focus.
6. Willingness to grow within the business.
1. Five to seven year s technical field or shop service experience maintaining and rebuilding major components and or equipment rebuilds (Atlas Copco and other) or equivalent.
2. Demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhauls, and repairs of a wide variety of hydraulic and power train components. Or,
3. Five to seven years of progressive work experience in a related industry.
Certificates and Licenses:
1. Maintain a valid driver s license.
2. Maintain current Safety & Health Administration required training certificates.
3. Certificate of completion from mechanical trade school or equivalent work experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions.
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud (noise protection required).
3. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
4. This position is considered Safety Sensitive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
2. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
3. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel is expected, approx. 10% of the time.
Number of vacancies: 2
Country and city description
USA - Salt Lake City Utah
Atlas Copco's Board of Directors announced in January 2017 that it will initiate work in order to propose to the Annual General Meeting in 2018, to decide on a split of Atlas Copco into two parts. Atlas Copco will focus on industry and Epiroc will focus
on mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries.The current Mining and Rock Excavation business area core of the future Epiroc - provides equipment for drilling and rock excavation, a complete range of related consumables and service through a
global network. The business area innovates for sustainable productivity in surface and underground mining, infrastructure, civil works, well drilling and geotechnical applications. Principal product development and manufacturing units are located in Sweden,
the United States, Canada, China and India.
Epiroc is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender