Technical Support Engineer II 5/26/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
The Technical Support Engineer II is responsible for helping customers and ANSYS channel partners solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products. The Technical Support Engineer II position involves working closely with ANSYS customers and internal teams in a consultative and supportive technical role. The ability to research problems and find solutions to wide variety of problems is paramount. Position is a key member of a positive, dynamic team of engineers committed to solving complex customer issues.
* Interact with customers to help diagnose issues, as well as research and find solutions to a wide variety of increasingly complex problems, in order to improve customers productivity and satisfaction with ANSYS products
* Personally own the customer support experience, practice active listening skills and respond positively to situations requiring cooperation, courtesy and tact
* Collaborate with product development to improve ANSYS products and the customers experience using these products
* Participation in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the solution suites, sales enablement and professional growth
* Instruct introductory and/or intermediate training classes on the usage of ANSYS simulation products
* Track and document inbound support requests and ensure proper notation of customer problems or issues
* Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or other technical discipline with experience in an engineering software environment
* A minimum 3 years of experience in an engineering software environment
* A minimum of 4 years of experience in use of relevant ANSYS software or other commercial software (can be obtained or partially obtained in a university setting)
* Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to implement numerical models to obtain practical engineering solutions to difficult problems
* Ability to work independently, as well as with others in a diverse team environment
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and to communicate effectively with customers
* Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
* Experience is using commercial or in-house EDA software for real world, industry level applications is desirable
* Experience using ANSYS HFSS, ANSYS SIwave or ANSYS SBR+ (Savant)
* Familiarity with high frequency, Microwave and antenna concepts like S-parameters, antenna radiation patterns and scattering analysis
* Familiarity with numerical solution techniques such as Finite Element Analysis and Integral Equation Techniques is helpful.
* Must have a passion and drive for personal technical excellence.
* Proficiency in common programming languages (C, C++, python, etc.) for scripting or model development is desirable
* U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident is preferred
* A minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering software environment preferred
* Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance
* Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
* Available for occasional travel (about 20%)
* ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.