Senior .Net Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/30/2018
END DATE 6/21/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Family US-NY-New York
Aon Is Looking For A Senior .NET Application Developer
Situated inside a large multinational corporation is a startup helping the world s largest companies understand and shape their workforce. This team of twenty is building a human capital measurement platform that is changing the Talent landscape. They operate in an agile framework that is self-organizing and self-directing. The platform is evolving into a series of small services woven together into comp Deployments are automated, infrastructure is immutable, and all of it is coded to deploy to series of global data centers.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Consulting business group within Aon in Manhattan, NY.
Your Impact As A Senior .NET Application Developer
* Participate in the assessment of the customer environment and requirements and document the findings properly.
* Create technical specifications based on functional requirements.
* Develop components of new applications using the Microsoft technology stack.
* Perform tests according to a given test plan and document results.
* Identify and escalate problems.
* Maintain and repair existing applications.
* Develop website using modern tool sets for various form factors.
* Support & manage UAT activity in conjunction with test team.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
We require a web development expert, but also recognize the pace technologies are evolving. We prefer someone who wants to continue learning and growing with us. At the core, need to be able to understand business needs, and turn that into a modern, eloquent, and functional web site:
* Deep knowledge of the Microsoft development platform.
* Deep knowledge of client side web development.
* Deep database knowledge.
* Experience leading and working with global teams and organizations.
* Gobs of Modern Application Design Components (Dependency Injection, Logging, APM, Automation, Application Design Patterns, Unit Testing).
* Demonstrated project experience with regard to estimates, planning and deliverables.
* Experience developing technical requirements based on business imperatives.
* 7+ years of hands on experience building large scale web applications.
* Expert level knowledge of .NET Framework, CLR, and C#.
* Expert level relational database knowledge database design, DRI, the intricacies of SQL, query tuning, index optimization, and database design (normalization required, dimensional modeling a plus).
* Expert level knowledge in Microsoft web development stack: WebAPI, MVC, ASP.NET.
* Strong Proficiency in the constellation of technologies that make sites work like: Modernizr, pollyfills, SaSS/Less, Scout/Compas, TypeScript, NuGet.
* Strong proficiency in delivering software unit testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
* Strong proficiency in software design SoA, Dependency Injection, and Design Patterns generally, API design (both RESTful and RPC).
* Strong proficiency in HTML5, HTML, CSS.
* Proficiency in the protocols and network that underpin the web : HTTP, DNS, IP, Load balancing.
* BI knowledge a plus, from Dimensional modeling, SSAS, MDX, and the cold hard realities of ETL.
* SSRS knowledge.
* Previous experience working in an agile environment.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent years of industry experience.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.