Raw Materials Category Mgr & Procurement Process System Lead - ARLANXEO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/30/2018
END DATE 6/20/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONWho we are:
ARLANXEO, established in April 2016, is a world-leading synthetic rubber company with sales of around EUR 2.7 billion in 2016, about 3,800 employees and a presence at 20 production sites in nine countries. The company's core business is the development, manufacturing and marketing of high-performance rubber for use in, for example, the automotive and tire industries, the construction industry, and the oil and gas industries.
What we can offer you:
ARLANXEO is a young company with strong roots! We derive our strength from global presence, management excellence and most importantly our people! Our employees are the pillars of our success.
We offer exciting career opportunities regionally as well as internationally, competitive pay and benefits, educational assistance programs, and many other personal and professional development programs that are a part of our vision and values that drive our ongoing success.
ARLANXEO has a new career opportunity available for an Raw Materials Category Manager & Procurement Process System Lead in our regional corporate headquarters near Robinson Township, PA.
As a Raw Materials Category Manager & Procurement Process System Lead you will:
Manage the regional strategic procurement activities for all non-olefin, chemical raw materials for the North American production sites and lead the development and implementation of procurement best practices and standards regionally and globally. You will be directly responsible for successful delivery of process transformation, change management and technology initiatives within the procurement group function.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Develop, execute, implement and manage category procurement strategies that meet or exceed all business requirements to include quality, security of supply, and cost competitiveness.
* Manage ongoing supplier relationships by serving as the primary contact for all commercial items including, but not limited to, contract management, pricing, supply and quality issues, supplier evaluations and customer complaints.
* Manage and execute contract negotiation process
* Provide updates to procurement and business unit leadership on market structure, trends, technical developments and regulatory environments that affect ARLANXEO raw materials.
* Ensure all key performance indicators are achieved including cost savings, supplier evaluations, risk assessments.
* Maintain communication with global colleagues to share regional market information and to ensure NAFTA strategies are aligned with or support global strategies to optimize global purchasing leverage.
* Develop and implement best-in-class procurement strategies including supplier management, contract management, common procurement tools, and reporting in support of company goals
* Establish best practices and standards. Stay abreast of sourcing best practices and new developments in industry and take steps to ensure the company is implementing such best practices where appropriate.
* Remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts; identify and communicate new technologies and solutions to key problems in the systems area
* Execute continuous improvements on process, tools, analytics and reporting. Develop and implement reports to monitor and analyze departmental KPIs.
* Accountable for ensuring that procurement colleagues are adequately trained including building and managing capability programs that develop and retain talent in the organization
In order to accomplish this you will possess:
* BS/BA in supply chain or logistics, engineering, business, finance/accounting. An MBA is preferred.
* 10+ years practical experience in strategic procurement and procurement processes and systems/tools.
* Ability to critically analyze spend, market or other relevant data in order to gain insights, draw conclusions and make recommendations in support of procurement strategies and initiatives.
* Ability to effectively communicate analyses and recommendations to peers and management for approval.
* Demonstrated experience negotiating all aspects of raw material supply agreements.
* Ability to influence and persuade individuals at all levels of the ARLANXEO organization to gain support for key procurement initiatives.
* Experience developing and implementing process improvement and continuous improvement methodologies to include practical working knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.
* An understanding the importance of supplier relationship management; tangible experience engaging with strategic suppliers and business stakeholders to drive a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
* Experience with sourcing tools including eSourcing/eAuction platforms, spend analytics, risk mitigation, SRM/SPM
Must Include a Resume.
As part of the application process, please attach a professional resume file to be viewed in the original format.
ARLANXEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.