Service Parts Logistics Specialist 5/30/2018
Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Made for Partnerships. Made for Patients. Made for You.
At Canon Medical Systems we partner with our customers to truly understand their needs in imaging and beyond. We develop a full range of imaging solutions, including CT, X-Ray, Ultrasound and MR that address time pressures, workflow constraints, patient comfort and imaging precision to deliver true efficiency coupled with best in class tools for diagnosis. Together, we work on an education plan and develop service solutions that meet your every needs.
Our goal is to work hand in hand with our partners to deliver optimum health opportunities for patients through uncompromised performance, comfort and imaging accuracy. Together, we make it possible.
Provide technical part identification and logistics delivery expertise to support Customer Engineers in a call center environment. Technical expertise is critical in that the identification of the needed part will often be done through the reading of schematics and technical documentation. After part identification, the Service Parts Logistics Specialist will locate and plan the delivery of the part, which may or may not be in stock.
* Utilize modality- and equipment-specific technical knowledge to identify and locate equipment parts using technical documentation (including schematics), online databases, web servers or other methods. Identify shortfalls in these methods and develop solutions.
* Plan and ship the identified parts to ensure the most timely and economical delivery using knowledge of logistics and shipping methods. This includes order entry, communication to the shipping warehouse, follow up communication to the Customer Engineer and developing alternate routing due to weather or other logistics complications.
* Expedite orders via inventoried stock, Repair Center inventory, Customer Engineer inventory (across the nation), Vendor stock, and the like.
* Work with the Technical Support Group, Customer Engineers, and the National Repair Center to proactively identify potential product issues, unusual usage rates, quality issues and other conditions that may be occurring to help resolve those issues.
* Review technical documentation for accuracy and relevance and develop solutions to provide this information proactively to the Front Line Customer Engineers.
* Maintain parts documentation library, physical and electronic.
* Publish reports on activity as required.
* Perform special projects as assigned.
* Technical AA degree or equivalent experience.
* 2+ years experience in a service parts or technical call center environment.
* Ability to read schematics and documentation in an electronics or mechanical environment.
* Knowledge of stocking strategies, geography, and weather related issues and other factors that may affect deliveries.
* Experience in using PC's and other computer hardware and software programs including order entry.
* Excellent listening and verbal communication skills, especially in providing phone support. Good written communication skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
* Ability to handle fast paced environment.
* Working environment is indoors, reasonably clean, well-lighted, and ventilated.
* Generally little or no probability of injury or health impairment.
* Requires light physical effort involving intermittent standing, sitting, or walking while performing duties.
* Requires constant keyboard and phone work.
* The department operates on an extended work schedule; therefore work schedule is subject to change.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled