Corrosion Technician 5/30/2018
McClure Engineering Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Corrosion Technician
MEC is seeking a Corrosion Technician to work from our Tulsa, Oklahoma office on nationwide natural gas and liquid pipeline projects. This position is responsible for pipeline survey, mitigation, cathodic protection troubleshooting, corrosion analysis, and construction inspection.
* 4+ years experience as a corrosion technician with natural gas and/or liquid pipelines
* NACE CP2 Technician certification.
* Knowledge of corrosion behaviors as well as a fundamental understanding of Cathodic Protection.
* Experience performing corrosion inspections, cathodic protection testing, indirect assessments, annual surveys and troubleshooting.
* Ability to follow testing procedures, document findings and communicate technical details.
* Must be able to lift 60+ lbs.
* Solid Knowledge of MS Excel.
* Ability to travel, and work in the field for extended periods of time.
* Travel 70% nationwide
* 6+ years experience as a corrosion technician with natural gas and/or liquid pipelines.
* NACE CP3 Cathodic Protection Technologist certification or higher.
* Understanding of cathodic protection behavior, in-direct assessment techniques including ECDA and direct examination tests.