Survey Crew Member 5/30/2018
McClure Engineering Company
North Liberty, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Survey Crew Member
SURVEY CREW MEMBER
The Crew Member is responsible for meeting our corporate initiative of clients for life by maintaining a high level of customer communication and satisfaction while on the survey site.
The Crew Member is responsible for meeting our corporate initiative of growing our people by reporting to and taking direction from the Crew Chief to further enhance his/her survey skills.
The Crew Member is responsible for meeting our corporate initiative of best service delivery by possessing the basic understanding of existing condition survey and the procedures for land and construction staking. This position is to obtain the necessary information needed in a survey and ensure surveys are complete.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform the Crew Member job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position.
* Basic knowledge and understanding of field staking procedures for land surveying, construction staking, and existing conditions survey
* Basic knowledge of total station s and data collector s functions and codes
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor with all staff.
* Strong ability to multi-task
* Basic knowledge of CADD, other Engineering/Technical skills and McClure-Drive Standards
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office knowledge
* Basic understanding and knowledge of civil drawings, construction processes and construction codes
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form
* Effective oral and written communication skills
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Associate s degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical School preferred and or two to four years related experience
* 1-4 years related experience