Broker I 5/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-TX-Houston
Aon Is Looking For A Broker I
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Natural Resources/Energy business group within Aon Risk Solutions in Houston, TX.
Your Impact As A Broker I
* Market new and renewal business, handling all aspects of the placements from initial market selection through policy delivery to client.
* Ensure that placements are handled correctly and on time
* Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of management liability insurance marketplace, products and services.
* Develop productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters and Aon local office teams
* Identify and analyze prospect and client exposures.
* Coordinate activities with other internal units as required to meet customer needs.
* Present to local account executives, participate in RFPs, occasional client meetings and conference calls.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, exceptional organizational skills, ability to make and communicate difficult decisions.
* Minimum of 3 - 5 years insurance brokerage and/or underwriting experience
* Effective working knowledge of carrier underwriting practices & processes.
* Proven leadership skills in working with teams and ability to work with clients and to successfully exceed client expectations.
* Proven client facing skills including effective presentations & communications.
* Proven organization and ability to work with others.
* Experience in resource deployment and utilization management.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various levels.
* Successfully operates in a fast-paced driven environment that requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Sales experience preferred
* Must maintain appropriate broker s license.
* Bachelor s degree preferred
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.