Executive Assistant for North America Head of Investment Consulting 5/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Executive Assistant for North America Head of Investment Consulting in Chicago, IL
Aon Is Looking for an Executive Assistant
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our business group within Aon in Chicago, IL. As an Executive Assistant to our North America Head of Investment Consulting, you will report directly to the Administrative Operations Leader.
Your Impact as an Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant (EA) must maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment based on understanding business context. The EA will maintain a realistic balance among multiple changing and conflicting priorities and proactively adjust as needed. The EA will be expected to work independently on projects from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
* Calendar Management: Manage extremely active calendar of appointments; manage recurring meetings, maintain agenda, create presentations, handle meeting logistics, and staff preparation. Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Leader's time and office.
* Travel Arrangements: Arranging at times complex and detailed domestic and international travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiling documents for travel-related meetings and processing expense management for travel.
* Provide assistance with email management
* Communication: Serve as the office communications hub when the Leader is out of the office (both in-town and for extended trips out-of-town). Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Leader, with clients, staff, and vendors on matters related to Leader's initiatives when appropriate.
* Act as a "barometer," having a sense of urgency for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Leader updated.
* Proactive Communication: Research, prioritize, and follow-up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Leader, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine and suggest the appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
* Project Management: Assist in driving the Leader s initiatives forward, communicating, and managing deliverables across the business. Prioritize conflicting needs; handle all matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures. Assist Leader with miscellaneous projects and tasks in preparation for meetings and conferences.
* Relationship Building: Build relationships crucial to the success of the company, and manage a variety of special projects for the Leader, some of which may have organizational impact.
* Follow-up on completion of activities to ensure deadlines are met. Format, compile, and prepare meeting materials including summarizing information from several sources.
* Event/meeting coordination for senior level meetings including event set up, food/beverages, technical needs, and document preparation.
* Document creation and editing in Word and PowerPoint consistent with Aon s brand standards including proofing and production.
* Assist with general operations staffing meetings, data, or report requests.
* Provides back-up support to other executives as necessary.
* Occasional assistance preparing Excel spreadsheets as a resource for internal requests and technical issues.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Seven plus years of Executive Assistant experience with increasing responsibility, complexity, and initiative
* Excellent writing/proofreading skills including grammar, punctuation, spelling, and editing
* Strong knowledge of MS Office products (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
* Strong work ethic with the ability to occasionally work outside of normal business hours
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information
* Superior customer service; strong attention to detail with focus on quality and accuracy
* Excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact positively and professionally with all levels (Leaders, clients, vendors, assistants, and colleagues)
* Strong prioritization, organizational, and follow-up skills; able to manage changing priorities and deliverables, coordinate work flow, and manage multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to adapt to different communication styles
* Excellent problem solving skills; ability to proactively consider requests/needs and respond promptly and thoughtfully
* Self-directed and flexible; able to handle high-stress situations with calm competence; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to exhibit sound judgment and decisiveness
* Able to maintain constructive working relationships and promote teamwork
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.