JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-CT-Stamford
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our McLagan business group within Aon s Talent, Rewards and Performance (TRP) team. This position offers an opportunity to work as an Analyst in our Stamford, CT office as a member of the Global Specialty Businesses team with a focus on the Consulting Services sector.
McLagan provides tailored talent, rewards, and performance expertise to financial services firms across the globe. Since 1966, we have partnered with the largest and smallest financial services firms to help them make data-driven decisions to hire, retain, and engage the top talent for keeping the global economy running. Our compensation surveys are the most comprehensive, in-depth source of rewards data covering over 150 countries from more than 2,500 clients. Our consultants work with hundreds of firms annually to design total rewards programs and benchmark financial performance for boards of directors, executives, employees, and sales professionals. McLagan is a part of Aon plc (NYSE: AON). For more information, please visit mclagan.aon.com.
Overview of Role:
The Analyst will be part of a highly productive team of industry experts. In our team-based work environment, the Analyst will play a vital role in delivering data-enabled solutions to our clients. Analysts are provided extensive exposure to senior leaders within McLagan and at our clients.
Over time and based on each individuals abilities and interests, employees will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of assignments/experiences including: compensation benchmarking, incentive plan design, organizational design, productivity benchmarking, industry research, marketing and business development, internal and client training, report writing, domestic and international travel, and public speaking opportunities.
This Analyst role has a range of responsibilities including:
* Product Manager: Manage a segment of the core compensation benchmarking program. Primary focus on collecting client information and ensuring data accuracy and quality as well as product development and new client solicitation.
* Analysis / Reporting: Analyze large amounts of data to drive findings and insights in client engagements.
* Relationship Manager: Serve on client teams as a relationship manager. Correspond with clients and deliver data-enabled solutions.
* Consultant: Prepare consulting presentations and analyses (under direction) geared toward delivering insights to clients on their strategic performance and compensation objectives. Research existing and emerging trends in client businesses.
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
* 1-3 years of relevant experience as an HR professional, consultant, or financial analyst. Experience in financial services / consulting services is desirable. An interest in compensation consulting and financial services / consulting services is essential.
* Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (chart/graph creation, lookups, array formulae, nested ifs, pivot tables, etc.) and MS PowerPoint (creating smart and professional presentations with commentary) is required.
* Successful candidates will be self-starters with the ability to learn and work independently and as part of a team on several projects.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills. Attentive note-taker. Fast learner.
* Strong analytical skills. Creative innovation and proactive problem-solving skills.
* Careful attention to detail.
* Self-confidence and humility.
* Ability to manage multiple time sensitive tasks and aptitude to manage up .
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.