This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/31/2018
END DATE 6/22/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Family US-MN-Minneapolis
Aon is looking for a Director
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our McLagan business group within Aon s Talent, Rewards and Performance team. This position offers an opportunity to work as a Director in our Bloomington, MN office. McLagan is the financial services industry's leading global compensation consulting firm. Our clients include virtually every leading global financial services firm, including hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity firms, investment management organizations, commercial and retail banks, securities firms and public plan sponsors. Our business model is based on creating and expanding long-term partnerships with our clients. Many of our key client relationships extend back to McLagan s inception in 1966. More information about McLagan is available at www.mclagan.com.
Your impact as a Senior Manager
We currently have an immediate need for an experienced consultant to join one of our business teams as a Director. The Director will be part of a highly productive team of industry experts. In our team-based work environment, the Director will contribute to our clients business decisions made by their senior leaders, including executive management and boards of directors.
* Manage client projects from start to finish, translating client needs into analysis and design recommendations across topics such as executive compensation, board of director compensation, incentive plan design, and technical topics (e.g., tax, equity accounting, SEC disclosure)
* Serve as intermediary between lead consultants, staff resources and clients
* Accountable for project methodology, research, analysis, and deliverables
* Participate in client presentations, including to boards of directors, senior executives, and HR leaders
* Assist in overseeing key areas of industry research
* Assist in new business and firm development activities, including calling on new survey participants, white papers, and webinars
* Analyzing data related to surveys and client engagements
* Mentor and provide guidance to more junior staff
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Strong quantitative background and skill set
* Highly proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent written and oral communication
* Ability to synthesize and communicate large amounts of data into key findings and identify related business issues
* Have an eye for detail, while not losing focus of the bigger picture
* Confidence to present and defend methodology / recommendations to C-level and Board of Directors audience
* Leadership experience in terms of mentoring or developing peers and/or junior team members
* Experience of working effectively within teams (professionally or otherwise)
* Strong organizational and project management skills
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex projects in fast-pace, loosely-structured and deadline-oriented environment
* Maturity to operate independently, yet maintain open communication with team members on changing landscape/priorities
* 6 plus years of compensation or related experience
* Executive compensation experience preferred
* Financial services industry experience is a plus
Bachelors or Masters Degrees in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or other relevant field of study, with proven academic excellence. Other majors will also be considered.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.