Claims Data & Analytics Consultant 5/31/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon is looking for an Associate Managing Consultant, Data and Analytics
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services.
Aon Global Risk Consulting:
Aon Global Risk Consulting, with more than 1500 professionals in over 30 countries, provides integrated risk solutions for our clients complex property and casualty related risks. Aon Global Risk Consulting is a consulting unit of Aon the global leader in risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, human capital and management consulting, and outsourcing with more than 50,000 employees in 500 offices in as many as 120 countries. Our suite of risk consulting encompasses enterprise risk management, actuarial and analytics, risk financing, risk control, claims and engineering services.
We have an excellent career opportunity in our Casualty Risk Consulting practice for an Associate Managing Consultant. This position will provide direct support to the Casualty Risk Consulting Department Leadership team in developing, tracking and managing several critical departmental functions, tools and products. This position will be required to create tools and lead the management of these efforts. This position will preferably be based in the Greater New York Market, but with potential client responsibilities throughout the United States.
There are 4 key areas that will be core to this position:
* Spectrum Management - Full management and coordination of the delivery of our automated dashboard tool (Spectrum Analytics). This is a client facing deliverable. This entails managing all client project deadlines and creating tools to achieve this goal. There will be a significant number of projects executed by a variety of consultants with various deliverables due at various intervals. Candidate must have the requisite project management skills to manage the process and people where it is necessary, liaise with consultants and analysts that are assigned to these projects and report out on process to ensure that all projects stay on track. There will be several initiatives that fit this model and require this level of stewardship.
* Client Facing Role Interact directly with internal and external clients in a discovery, sales and stewardship role.
* Business Development Management - Assistance in managing several strategic initiatives regarding our sales process. Analyzing Data to help focus sales efforts make recommendations, lead process and work with the Leadership team on setting and executing strategy. Work directly with business development, department and office leadership to establish and implement sales strategies
* Analytics Innovation Gain an understanding of our department objectives and available data in order make recommendations on how we can enhance departmental efficiency and performance through new insights created via analytical skills
This position will report directly to Paul Capuzzo, Managing Director, Casualty & Marine Risk Consulting.
* Directly responsible for the launch of the Spectrum Analytics initiative
* Assist in project management, lead tracking, and presentations on all of Aon s data and analytics tools, including Casualty Laser Spectrum Analytics,
* Work as a consultative liaison between the consulting practice and the Data Analytics team. This will be to bridge the gap between depts., stress connectivity, innovation, tool design and execution of key growth initiatives.
* Responsible for fostering tool enhancements, innovation and continual thought leadership and market leading analytics.
* Using project management skills to assure goals and objectives are appropriate and aligned with services delivered to exceed client expectations.
* Working collaboratively with teams including departmental leadership, Risk Control, Claims, Data Analytics, Managing Consultants and office leadership.
* Support, as needed, for Casualty Risk Consulting Business development region, office, industry level, service offerings, etc.
* Project management experience (budget responsibilities, quality, timeliness, specific metrics, etc.) Experience in articulating project scope, value proposition and return on investment for business development related tasks
* Capacity to evaluate complex circumstances and adapt in real time as situations and other s opinions evolve
* Capacity to work effectively on multiple tasks at any given time with minimal supervision and with deadlines
* Provide critique(s) directly (in person) or in writing to improve department performance
* Proficiency in computer applications and data management tools (Microsoft Office applications)
* Demonstration of exceptional writing and presentation skills
* Previous experience in Business Development a plus
TRAVEL: Approximately 30%
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor of Science/Art or Masters
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Five or more years in risk management in industry and/or insurance consultation. Specific job title to be commensurate with experience level, technical expertise and/or specialization.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Apply for this jobApply
Share with a friendShare
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
CONNECT WITH US!
Not ready to apply* Join our Talent Community to stay informed about Aon opportunities.
Software Powered by iCIMS