Technical Designer - Junior - Architecture - Design Focused
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 5/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONTechnical Designer - Junior - Architecture
Gensler is a leading architecture, design and planning firm with locations worldwide. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
Gensler is currently seeking a Junior Architectural Designer for architectural projects in our Lifestyle 3 Studio (Retail, Residential and Mixed-Use). In this position, you will collaborate with your team to develop appropriate design solutions throughout the design process.
What You Will Do
* Work with the Design Director(s) and project team (s) on conceptual designs, presentations, design development, and production.
* Agile architectural skill sets, ready for active participation in all phases of the design process.
* Innovative thinking, balanced with ability to present real-world technical solutions to new design challenges.
* Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and other innovative media.
* Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
* Bachelors Degree in Architecture.
* 0-3 years experience on architecture projects.
* Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve both individually and as a part of a project team.
* Must thrive with personal responsibility and accountability, but embody and embrace open communication and team-oriented success.
* Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino, PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator. Skilled at any rendering software and process is a plus.
* Knowledge of materials, construction techniques, and building codes.
* Strong organizations skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
* Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.