Jr. QA Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/2/2018
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20170727-9749-EF
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2016, Forbes magazine named Verisk Analytics to its World s Most Innovative Companies list and to its America s Best Large Employers list. If you re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us.
At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work; create a positive, lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
Verisk is looking for a QA Analyst on our Quality team to ensure that our products continue to be category killers . We are looking for a QA analyst with strong attention to detail, prior experience as a QA Analyst, a recent graduate of computer science (or junior programmer)or IT looking to break into the enterprise space. They will need the skills to build and improve test cases, including automation, and to evaluate, analyze, and perform quality assurance testing. If you are looking to join a team that is vital to the success of a market leader, this is the perfect opportunity for you. No prior product or industry knowledge is required we can train you on that, but you must be great at core QA competencies and testing software.
What you ll do on the job
- Design and improve how we write, store, update, and run test cases
- Write test cases, including automation
- Loading test data into the system for testing purposes
- Run test cases to certify builds, new features, etc.
- Join the Development s agile team, attend their stand-ups, retrospectives, etc.
- Generate test data
- Find and log defects
- Confirm and sign off on defect fixes
- Certify and sign off on stories / releases
- Evaluate usability and functionality
- Perform a variety of types of tests, such as performance, security, functional, integrated, UI, etc.
Skills and Desired Experience
- Multitasking the responsibilities assigned
- Manage your time effectively against competing priorities
- Independently prioritize work if need be
- Detail oriented
- Experience at a Technology company a plus
- Agile experience and/or certifications a plus (SCRUM desired)
- Education in IT or Computer Science desirable
- JIRA experience
- Cucumber experience desirable
- Excellent Communication skills (written and spoken) in English a must
- Time management, multi-tasking, managing competing priorities
- Experience scheduling internal and external meetings, using video conferencing, and running phone meetings
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Education: College preferred
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: NJ Jersey City
- Years of Experience: 2-3
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits starting day one Medical, Dental, Life, FSA, 401-K etc.
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Healthy employee activities
- High quality work environment with high quality people
Verisk is the industry leader in Auto, Property and casualty insurance claims technology. If you are looking for growth opportunities with an industry leader, Verisk is the place to be.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.