Transportation Engineer 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2017
END DATE 1/20/2018
Arcadis U.S. Inc
Baton Rouge, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob description
The Infrastructure Business Line of Arcadis is currently seeking an Entry-Level Traffic Engineer to join our world-class firm in our Baton Rouge, LA office. This position work within our growing traffic engineering group
Position responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
* Assist in the preparation of engineering reports, studies and analyses in a wide-range of areas including: traffic operations, safety, travel demand modeling and transportation planning projects.
* Utilize basic knowledge and experience with conducting and documenting traffic studies using nationally accepted modeling practice.
* Conduct traffic operational analysis using microscopic simulation software such as VISSIM, Synchro, SimTraffic.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study.
* Basic understanding of the use of traffic analysis tools (e.g., VISSIM, CORSIM, Synchro/SimTraffic, and HCS).
* Basic understanding of special applications in VISSIM including ramp metering and managed lanes as well as knowledge of nationally accepted calibration practices.
* Basic understanding of the application of traffic operations principles including ITE, MUTCD, AASHTO, and state DOT requirements, policies, manuals, and procedures.
* Basic knowledge of ArcGIS including the ability to map and query data.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work well in groups as well as independently
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineTransportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow today.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.