Junior Database Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 2/9/2018
Dialysis Clinic, Inc.
The Junior DBA, under the general supervision of the senior DBA, performs daily and weekly tasks needed to administer SQL database servers. The Junior DBA works independently with minimal supervision, and demonstrates clear communication skills, the ability to build strong relationships with team members and users, and excellent problem-solving skills. Possession of strong verbal and written communication skills is a must.
The Junior DBA is expected to be familiar with the latest version of the database products and takes the appropriate vendor certifications to keep up with the latest technologies. The Junior DBA will attend database user groups, webinars, and conferences on a regular basis.
The following is a summary of what makes our team successful. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Install and configure SQL Server instances
* Backup and restore databases
* Monitor SQL Agent scheduled jobs
* Monitor servers for any performance issues
* Be familiar with company DR solutions and can implement them
* Perform other daily and weekly DBA tasks
* Attend weekly team meetings
* Perform other tasks as required
* Complete Individual Status Reports (ISRs)
* Follow documented work schedule policy
* Bachelors degree (preferably Computer Science/Information Systems) or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 2 years of professional experience with databases (Microsoft SQL 2005-16) and T-SQL
* SQL Reporting Services
* SQL Integration Services
* Excellent analytical background
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Excellent communication skills
* PowerShell (optional)
* SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) (optional)
* Third party tools (Dell LiteSpeed and Spotlight for SQL)
* Organized and detail-oriented
* Works independently and in a team environment
* Takes responsibility for professional development
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at Accommodations@dciinc.org or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see:
**\# of Openings** _1_
**Address** _29 North Wacker Drive_
**Category** _Information Technology_
DCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA VEVRAA Federal Contractor