Junior Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/27/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCAREER OPPORTUNITY
Junior Sales Manager
Novanta, Inc. - Cambridge Technology
Bedford - Bedford, MA 01730-1402 US (Primary)
In this exciting and challenging role you will work for Cambridge Technology. Cambridge Technology is a Global leader in galvanometer based scanning technology and associated mirrors. These products are used in various laser based applications from medical devices, rapid prototyping, converting, marking and coding and many more. Cambridge Technology s products deliver up to 1 micron accuracy and marking speeds of over 1,000 characters per second.
Cambridge Technology is part of Novanta Inc., a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: NOVT) and a leading global supplier of precision photonic components and subsystems to OEM's in the Medical, Industrial and Microelectronics markets Join the group and start working with of our team of 1,400 employees in over 15 locations across the world. Novanta was founded in 1968, allowing us to claim nearly 50 years of experience in our areas of expertise.
Our success is driven by our global team of highly talented, experienced and customer-focused professionals. As a Novanta employee you will be part of a fast-paced, growing company that partners very closely with its customers. We focus on operational excellence, leadership, and accountability. If you are a hard-working, self-starter, who is looking to share your ideas, develop your skills, widen your experiences, and you want to make an impact in an exciting and challenging work environment, then Novanta is the workplace for you. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and exciting career opportunities.
Business Website: www.camtech.com
Novanta Website: www.novanta.com
Cambridge Technology has an opportunity for a Jr. Sales Account Manager. The successful candidate will serve as a liaison between Cambridge Technology and our existing customers within North America. The Jr. Sales Account Manager will manage business relationships and be accountable for retention of existing revenue. Also, keeps up-to-date knowledge of the industry, as well as the competitive posture of the company, and prepares activity and forecast reports as requested. Has thorough knowledge of company products, systems and services. May direct customers to website or other company resources for information. May act as sole sales representative for assigned territory, industry, accounts, and/or products
* Act as a single point of contact for the customer for account management issues
* Understand business situation at all assigned accounts including end market dynamics, growth potential and inventory position
* Arranges Pre- and Post-Sales technical and integration/application support to customer.
* Applies technical and sales knowledge and policies in direct support to customers.
* Perform duties within established company guidelines, policies & procedures.
* Provide Monthly rolling 12 month sales and bookings forecasts for region by Customer and Product
* Keep track of customer communication, activity and tasks in CRM System
* Provide weekly Sales/Territory reports
* Trade Show & Territory/Customer travel as required
* Requires a bachelor's degree and 2-5 years of sales experience. Technical Degree preferred.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Knowledge of commonly-used customer sales concepts, practices, and procedures.
* OEM component/sub-systems sales experience preferred
* Knowledge of electro-mechanical systems and electronics preferred
* Experience with Laser and optics components and systems a plus
* Positive attitude, willingness to work with customers
* Strong team player with ability to influence others to accomplish goals
* Displays a high moral and business code of conduct
* Respectful of customers, peers, subordinates and supervisors.
* Ability to multi-task and be effective in a busy environment
* Ability to travel up to 20%, or as required
Novanta is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected federal, state/province or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.