Key Account Specialist - West L.A.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/8/2017
The Boston Beer Company
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently looking for a KEY ACCOUNT SPECIALIST in WEST L.A., CA.
The KEY ACCOUNTS SPECIALIST (KAS) manages account calls and maintenance for all key accounts in WEST L.A., CA. The KAS primary responsibility is securing distribution, feature programs, and implementing region initiatives with key on and off premise buying groups in the area.
WHAT YOULL DO:
MARKET MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT: Achieve sales goals & objectives in core and non-core accounts by:
* Using Boston Beer Company (BBC) systems to organize and pre-plan accounts to achieve market objectives
* Utilizing monthly reports to identify and address what is generating positive or negative trends and implementing plans where appropriate to improve
* Maintaining and increasing availability and visibility of the BBC portfolio
* Implementing long term account planning
* Hunting for new business by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for incremental volume
* Working with local team and Brand Development Marketing team to develop market specific initiatives
* Maintaining professional business relationships with accounts to include: ownership, management, and appropriate staff while selling to core accounts a min of 1 time per month
* Building and maintaining professional business relationships with applicable wholesaler personnel
SELLING AND NEGOTIATING: Must know and be able to practice the Boston Beer Company selling process and selling skills to include:
* Sales call procedures, process, and selling skills
* Understanding and practicing bracketing, concession management and negotiation
* Establishing goals, creating a selling story, anticipating and handling objections
* Executing on merchandising standards
* Portfolio selling
* Multi-unit distribution and programming (local chains)
KNOWLEDGE: Must be current and fluent in:
* Brand styles, brand priorities, national programs and brand strategy
* Romancing all products to include style, ingredients and pairings
* Brewing process, beer history
* Beer industry trends and current market trends
* Local market chains and buying groups
* Distributor structure, distributor portfolio and key distributor personnel where applicable
* Knowledge of competitive brands and pricing
MERCHANDISING: Supports brands through:
* Executing point-of-sale programs at retail to standard
* Maintaining proper brand positioning to standard
* Delegating to appropriate wholesaler team
* Executing BBC freshness standards
* Create and execute impactful promotions at on and off Premise locations
* Create programs/promotions and implements across multiple accounts (multi-unit account)
WHOLESALER(S): Begin getting involved with wholesaler programming/execution by:
* Meeting with mid-level management to discuss/implement programming execution
* Managing national and local programming to include point-of-sale ordering/execution
* Effectively communicates externally and internally in a timely and professional manner
* Create and deliver creative and impactful wholesaler(s) and retailer(s) presentations
ADMINISTRATION: Deliver all administrative tasks by deadlines
Submit sales call recaps within 48 hours
BUDGET MANAGEMENT: Must stay within all allocated budgets
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Bachelors Degree
* Minimum of 1-3 years of sales and/or food/beverage industry experience
* Must be able to lift weight equivalent to one case of beer
* 10-15% travel
* Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed
* Willingness to relocate for future opportunities
* Valid driver's license
Our people are our most important ingredient. We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, theres the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.