Kiosk Operator 9/19/2017
The David J. Joseph Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling and trading. With over 70 locations, The Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE), a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
River Metals Recycling (RMR), a wholly-owned subsidiary of DJJ, has an exciting opportunity as a Kiosk Operator at our Newport, KY facility.
1. Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
2. Weigh nonferrous material and input transaction into in-house system.
3. Oversee loading of trailers/containers as to content, weight and quality.
4. Responsible for following all legal requirements on purchasing nonferrous materials. These requirements include but are not limited to: check ID, take picture of seller, record vehicle information, etc.
5. Interact with employees on other scales in order to verify/restrict duplication of purchases.
6. Quote nonferrous prices within a range supplied by management and/or verify correct pricing.
7. Ensure metals that are purchased are correct and properly classified.
8. Print nonferrous tickets for customers to receive payment for materials sold.
9. General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment and physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
10. Operate small equipment such as a forklift.
11. Perform daily inspections on equipment and report any defects or needed repairs to supervisor and clean equipment as needed.
12. Assist and direct customers to proper location to unload materials.
13. Be able to understand environmental policies and be able to maintain a clean work environment as it pertains to our policies and procedures.
14. Scan drivers licenses and vehicle tags into hand held database.
15. Willing to cross-train in other positions and assists other employees as needed.
16. Any other duties as assigned by Management.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
2. Minimum of 1 year previous general labor and/or customer service experience preferred.
3. Ability to interact with a diverse customer base.
4. Ability to operate essential equipment (forklift, bobcat, etc.).
5. Ability to greet visitors, direct truck, and peddler traffic to proper locations for processing.
6. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
7. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
8. Flexible to work off hours, weekends, holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
9. Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to include medical, dental, life, disability, vacation, paid holidays, bonus potential, and 401k match among other great benefits. If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
River Metals Recycling is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment. RMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please a href='https://djj.box.com/v/EEOistheLaw4Applications' click here /a . /p